Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Based on history, when will 2024.2.x branch see v12?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Confirmed by Teslascope this morning.
  • 2024.2 loads to get FSD12.x mid April. Including Canada.
  • Factory loads to integrate 12.x mid April.
  • Improvements to camera calibration have apparently been under development for two (!) years. This is going to high priority with the aim of, “Turn on FSD. It just works.” IMO, might be April, probably not.
  • ASS mid April.
  • All cars capable of doing FSD12 really are getting a free month’s trial.
  • Elon wants every delivery to involve a demo drive with that car’s FSD enabled. (See the bit above about camera calibration.)
Fun times.

And that idiot who posted a fake tweet earlier in this forum saying that everyone was getting a free year’s worth of FSD got his post deleted. Sheesh.

Reactions: Jacob Lamczyk
Confirmed by Teslascope this morning.
  • 2024.2 loads to get FSD12.x mid April. Including Canada.
  • Factory loads to integrate 12.x mid April.
  • Improvements to camera calibration have apparently been under development for two (!) years. This is going to high priority with the aim of, “Turn on FSD. It just works.” IMO, might be April, probably not.
  • ASS mid April.
  • All cars capable of doing FSD12 really are getting a free month’s trial.
  • Elon wants every delivery to involve a demo drive with that car’s FSD enabled. (See the bit above about camera calibration.)
Fun times.

And that idiot who posted a fake tweet earlier in this forum saying that everyone was getting a free year’s worth of FSD got his post deleted. Sheesh.
Wish you or Tesla hadn't thrown ASS in there since we have been getting it imminently for YEARS and it never happens.

I am anxiously awaiting V12, sucks that I bought brand new to have version 4 hardware and it ends up screwing me with when I get V12(MDX 03/2024). Hopefully it pays off when they eventually have a specific hardware 4 version that works better… We’ll see. In the interim I’m on bated breath for my V12 download.

Regarding the title question, my car had 2024.2.something. A software upgrade to 2024.3.10 showed up at the end of March or beginning of April. After installation, it had the FSDS trial, version 12.3.3.

The cars withe 2024.8 appear to be still waiting for the version with the FSDS trial.