Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on 2024.8.4 in my 2022 MX Plaid w/FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a relatively new to me 2022 Model X plaid. I have subscribed to FSD for the last few months and did get one update on the day I purchased the used car. It has not updated since and I am super excited to try v12. When I look at the Teslafi firmware tracker it appears only a couple cars are left on my version. I know there's no way to manually force a firmware update but is there anything else I can do? What happens if I'm stuck so far behind?

I've been wondering the same thing.

With the recent price drop, I finally upgraded my 2018 Model X 75D to FSD and got the new computer installed. Since then, I have not had an update. I've been on 2024.8.9 for 41 days, which is the longest I've gone between versions since December.

I'm also looking forward to FSD v12. How much longer do we have to wait?

Reactions: Jamison
You're not alone. I usually get updates by the 3rd day of a wide release, but that was several releases ago. I bought FSD when they announced only $2k from EAP, so have have been on v11 since then, currently 2024.8.9.

I'm under the impression that people without FSD are getting preference over those of us who paid dearly for it. :rolleyes:

2024.14.7 is starting to pick up. Maybe we can get that soon?

Reactions: RNHurt and Jamison
14.7 is really picking up. 458 installs today and 1,032 waiting to install.

1716427553277.png

Reactions: Jamison
You're not alone. I usually get updates by the 3rd day of a wide release, but that was several releases ago. I bought FSD when they announced only $2k from EAP, so have have been on v11 since then, currently 2024.8.9.

I'm under the impression that people without FSD are getting preference over those of us who paid dearly for it. :rolleyes:

2024.14.7 is starting to pick up. Maybe we can get that soon?

I hope so!

I am also stuck on 2024.8.4 in my 2023 model S. I have paid for FSD and 66 days since any update.

I have been watching the details of 2024.8.4 on Teslafi. Indeed, very few cars on it, and a perplexing mix of all models and a wide span of years. Feels like being a part of the placebo group in a medical trial.

At first I expected to need the update to 2024.8.9 before moving on to 2025.14.*. But the last 2 cars that left 2024.8.4 went directly to 2024.14.7.

My consolation is that the way V12 of FSD hugs the right line (in my other cars) drives me nuts. So when I drive the model S, the FSD driving isn’t as good overall, but at least I am centered in the lane.

I am also stuck on 2024.8.4 in my 2023 model S. I have paid for FSD and 66 days since any update.

I have been watching the details of 2024.8.4 on Teslafi. Indeed, very few cars on it, and a perplexing mix of all models and a wide span of years. Feels like being a part of the placebo group in a medical trial.

At first I expected to need the update to 2024.8.9 before moving on to 2025.14.*. But the last 2 cars that left 2024.8.4 went directly to 2024.14.7.

My consolation is that the way V12 of FSD hugs the right line (in my other cars) drives me nuts. So when I drive the model S, the FSD driving isn’t as good overall, but at least I am centered in the lane.
I do hate that right line thing too. I have an M3 that is current. On a road trip now and really wanted to try v12. Just so frustrating.

2024.12.8 is gaining traction now.
I think you mean 2024.14.8, but vast majority of those are still coming from 2024.14.6 and 2024.14.7.

The article you linked to had a possible explanation of why it has seemed like those of us with FSD subscription or purchased are disproportionately being held back at FSD V11…. Because FSD 12.4 will come via 2024.9* and just waiting at 2024.8* is our fastest way to get there.

I think you mean 2024.14.8, but vast majority of those are still coming from 2024.14.6 and 2024.14.7.

The article you linked to had a possible explanation of why it has seemed like those of us with FSD subscription or purchased are disproportionately being held back at FSD V11…. Because FSD 12.4 will come via 2024.9* and just waiting at 2024.8* is our fastest way to get there.
Sorry, replied from my phone at Firestone so limited resources.

Good news!

About an hour ago as I was running errands, I checked the Software page, and it checked and said I was up to date.

As I pulled into my driveway a few minutes ago, though, I saw the orange download arrow, which then went green, and 2024.14.8 is downloading right now.

Reactions: towndrunk
a possible explanation of why it has seemed like those of us with FSD subscription or purchased are disproportionately being held back at FSD V11…. Because FSD 12.4 will come via 2024.9* and just waiting at 2024.8* is our fastest way to get there.
Teslafi is showing first appearance of FSD 12.4.1 with 2024.15.5. So much for that theory of why we are being held back on 2024.8.4….