Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Based on history, when will 2024.2.x branch see v12?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 MYP on 2023.44.30.8 with FSD 11.4.9.

I don't know why my car is so slow to get updates, but here's a question: Do I get a 2024 update with FSD 11.4.9, or an FSD 12 update with 2024.44 first?
And the answer just came! I checked to see if an update was available since this morning, and there was. I'm now installing 2023.44.30.25. The release notes say FSD 11.4.9, which would be disappointing.

And the answer just came! I checked to see if an update was available since this morning, and there was. I'm now installing 2023.44.30.25. The release notes say FSD 11.4.9, which would be disappointing.
You're getting FSD 12.3.

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
And.... disappointment. I got - after months of waiting - bigger fonts. FSD is unchanged at 11.4.9. I literally only got the font update for the recall.

• Funny
Reactions: APotatoGod
And.... disappointment. I got - after months of waiting - bigger fonts. FSD is unchanged at 11.4.9. I literally only got the font update for the recall.
I put off updating last year until there was a stable bigger fonts update for those with FSD. On the other hand, your long delay may have avoided the wiper issues for an additional year (my issues started some time after the fonts update, but there were other updates after that one.)

For me, I updated to 11.4.3 and there were definite improvements. I think you'll find 11.4.9 smoother (I have not gone there yet, I'm waiting for 12.3 and hopefully all the UI goodies in 2024.x that would be nice to have.) So I think I'll be repeating 2022/23's pattern of update in November, then again in April.

As much as I'm sure you are disappointed in not getting V12.3, it still obviously has several issues. They are just different ones from the 11.4.x versions.

I don’t know much about how these hardware updates work. But if anyone has any experience with how they roll out based on the branch, I’d appreciate it. I’m wondering when version 12 will hit the 2024 Branch. Thank you.
I'm on FSD owner branch (so 2023.44.x.x) and last year it was a very long wait for me to get the UI feature (bigger fonts) the non-FSD cars were getting. Three months or more if IIRC.

But this time I'll stick my neck out and say, it is different because I feel V12 is a game changer, even if it still has many issues and overall may not be much better than V11. It looks like tesla has bet a lot on this approach so I suspect getting it into more hands will be a priority (as opposed to getting bigger fonts to those on the FSD branch.)

Hang tight. That's all anyone can do. I'm in Canada so still waiting for V12 even though I'm on the 2023 update branch. But I suspect there are people in other countries who will wait even longer. It is funny that with such a bleeding edge tech and FAST vehicle, waiting is a big part of ownership.