Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.28.2 (320fba0)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes people get multiple updates within a weekly series. For instance, I got 2019.12.1, 2019.12.1.1, and 2019.12.1.2, all in the span of just six days. AFAIK, Tesla doesn't communicate what they're fixing with these within-week builds, but they usually seem to be bug fixes, so it makes sense that they'd try to upgrade people off of the known-buggy versions ASAP.

It would make sense if that was the case, but so far over half updates to 2019.28.3 are from cars that had 2019.24.4 according to Teslafi (12 out of 21, versus 9 out of 21 from 2019.28.1 or .2)

Not wide enough. My car shows no signs of downloading it yet... :p

30 installs of a new firmware version on TeslaFi: ...

Tesla owners:

its_happening.gif

I received 28.2 about a week ago not expecting much, but have been pleasantly surprised with three items. For reference, I have EAP AP 2.5.

Autopilot
  • Successfully navigated a zipper merge that I take every day. Up to this point it has been more luck if it's done correctly, but now it seems to correctly pause or speed up to take its proper position in the merge.
  • NOA feels much more smooth and natural. In another example, on one of my common freeway merge to exit scenarios, four lane changes are required within about 1/3 mile. Before this update, NOA had never navigated this successfully, but after update it was perfect.
Bluetooth
  • My phone (Samsung S8) has always worked as a key, but the car has been a little stubborn to pick up phone and media settings. Pre-update I often had to connect it manually. Post update, both features have been connected right when I sit down in the car. There is still some failure, but I would say it's about 90% success up from only occasional success.
Phone and Card Key Connected to User Profiles
  • My 2006 Audi A6 and 2004 Yukon Denali had this using unique user keys. I was disappointed when our 2017 GMC Acadia Denali and 2018 Tesla Model 3 did not. The only difference between my current cars is that my Model 3 was capable of adding it post purchase. It's a really convenient feature and yet another example of real and practical improvements.
Thanks Tesla!

Last edited: