Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.2.1 is now rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you connected to 2.4ghz WiFi?

Fred
One of my biggest challenges is that I cannot connect my car to my WiFi - I live in a condo with a separate garage and thus far have not been able to get the signal out there. I do tether to my phone from time-to-time but nothing comes up.

From what I've read elsewhere, this is not an uncommon thing to experience. I've only had the car three weeks as of today and it sounds like it is not uncommon for new cars to not be updated right away. Besides (also based on what I've read here), when my car is ready to update, I will get a message.

I'm not worried about it. I have a service appointment scheduled in a couple of weeks and if it hasn't updated by then, I will ask.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia
First thing you do is go on your Tesla App and select Schedule Service, then select Software Update, then go to a location where you can park and go shopping like a Star Bucks where you can connect to WiFi or Maybe see a movie during that time and like you said tether your phone as a hot spot to the car, on average they will push an update around 3 to 4 hours.

I don’t know the Brea area but if you are close to a service center, just drive it there and talk with them, tell them your issue with the WiFi, those guys are always glad to help.

Fred

One of my biggest challenges is that I cannot connect my car to my WiFi - I live in a condo with a separate garage and thus far have not been able to get the signal out there.

I live in an apartment with a separate garage across the street. I use a pair of Ubiquiti NanoStation 5AC Loco units to Point to Point a connection out to the garage and then have a Unifi AP-AC-Lite out there for the car and the TeslaPi.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    917.9 KB · Views: 307
One of my biggest challenges is that I cannot connect my car to my WiFi - I live in a condo with a separate garage and thus far have not been able to get the signal out there. I do tether to my phone from time-to-time but nothing comes up.

From what I've read elsewhere, this is not an uncommon thing to experience. I've only had the car three weeks as of today and it sounds like it is not uncommon for new cars to not be updated right away. Besides (also based on what I've read here), when my car is ready to update, I will get a message.

I'm not worried about it. I have a service appointment scheduled in a couple of weeks and if it hasn't updated by then, I will ask.

I have the same situation. I purchased a Verizon JETPACK hotspot that i keep always on plugged into the 12v powerjack. The only thing i use it for is software upgrades. It works well.