Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla shd have a feature where they can see desperate owners refreshing app to check for updates. The top 5 most desperate ones get chosen everyday. Jk. Can't wait to get the update notification. Although im on mx Raven so not sure if that's in the horizon.

I’m really disappointed. They tell you FSD comes with enhanced summon and that your car can come pick you up anywhere in the parking lot. No really. They delay it until v10. Now we get a peak at v10 and it isn’t there.somehow I have to doubt their claim of “coming later this year: navigate city streets. Read street signs and stop lights”

I’m really disappointed. They tell you FSD comes with enhanced summon and that your car can come pick you up anywhere in the parking lot. No really. They delay it until v10. Now we get a peak at v10 and it isn’t there.somehow I have to doubt their claim of “coming later this year: navigate city streets. Read street signs and stop lights”

These are just the partial release notes from Early Access. Enhanced Summon will probably be included in the full release notes of V10.

These are just the partial release notes from Early Access. Enhanced Summon will probably be included in the full release notes of V10.

I'm not sure why everyone is getting so fired up about this. Enhanced Summon is likely not going to be released for at least another four weeks.

Of course, there will be early access, maybe early access wide release (not the same as wide release obviously), but even Elon has not promised Enhanced Summon with version 10.0. He has only said that he expects it to be in wide release in some version of version 10, and only after early access goes well.

The most recent tweet was only about early access, and had nothing to do with general release. So these should all be entertaining Enhanced Summon releases. And all under NDA presumably.

Personally, I'd be pretty surprised if we get a release to Enhanced Autopilot owners before the end of November. We'll see though. If they can make a release before then I'd be pretty impressed.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why everyone is getting so fired up about this. Enhanced Summon is likely not going to be released for at least another four weeks.

Of course, there will be early access, maybe early access wide release (not the same as wide release obviously), but even Elon has not promised Enhanced Summon with version 10.0. He has only said that he expects it to be in wide release in some version of version 10, and only after early access goes well.

The most recent tweet was only about early access, and had nothing to do with general release. So these should all be entertaining Enhanced Summon releases. And all under NDA presumably.

Personally, I'd be pretty surprised if we get a release to Enhanced Autopilot owners before the end of November. We'll see though. If they can make a release before then I'd be pretty impressed.

He said enhanced summons with V10 and enhanced auto park V10.1 (probably)

He said enhanced summons with V10

Again, with a version of Version 10. I haven't seen a tweet where he promises Enhanced Summon with the first wide release of Version 10. And since V10 is kind of arguably generic without a subversion, it could also come in version 10.1, 10.2, etc.

We'll see though, maybe everything will go swimmingly with the wide early release, and it will make it into Version 10 when it is released in October or November!

He said enhanced summons with V10 and enhanced auto park V10.1 (probably)

I guess there are different ways to interpret this tweet from Elon. I took it to mean that Smart Summon would go out with V10.

Elon Musk
✔@elonmusk

Price increase for Tesla FSD postponed until version 10 with smart summon is in wide release, which is about 4 to 8 weeks away, depending on how early access goes
3:59 PM - Aug 20, 2019

Me too... Im assuming Joe Mode (what an odd name!) and updated visuals is all we will get.
Hopefully coupled with a host of bug fixes for bugs that have been around for some time now. The recently added Bluetooth issues come to mind immediately since I struggled to place a hands-free phone call just now that reminded me of this problem. I know v10 is an entirely new version which tends to usher in massive changes but I'd be quite content with zero new features and a complete overhaul of all known bugs for a stable version to move forward with and build onto with new features.

I guess there are different ways to interpret this tweet from Elon. I took it to mean that Smart Summon would go out with V10.

Yep, that's the tweet I am familiar with. I don't read that to mean it will come out with the first version of version 10. Of course that is what Elon hopes. But clearly there are some gating items.

At some point they'll have to make a decision on whether to release version 10 to wide release, and wait on Enhanced Summon until 10.1 (or whatever), or whether to package everything but Autopark in 10.0.

Certainly Elon does refer to subversion (or whatever) numbers (see Autopark tweet), but the lack of a subversion number gives flexibility.

Obviously they're not going to release Enhanced Summon until it doesn't suck. But it looks like the other features are not too far from being ready to roll.