Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.9dO....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

boonedocks

MS LR Blk/Blk 19”
May 1, 2015
Gainesville GA
Just installed the Model S KeyFob update. Won’t know until tomorrow if there is any improvement to NOA/EAP/TACC

upload_2019-8-27_19-34-23.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike and Saghost
Just installed the Model S KeyFob update. Won’t know until tomorrow if there is any improvement to NOA/EAP/TACC

View attachment 447192

Why is the status bar for software updates listed as a new release note? Are you just getting that feature now or are the release notes mentioning it again because it changed? That feature has been available on the Model 3 for awhile now.

Why is the status bar for software updates listed as a new release note? Are you just getting that feature now or are the release notes mentioning it again because it changed? That feature has been available on the Model 3 for awhile now.

I have no idea. Our cars connects to our WiFi as soon as we pull into our garage. I dint think I would ever have seen it whether it’s new or from an earlier release.

On a side note our 2017 Model X just got the same install.

It now displays pending and in progress updates, not just the fully downloaded yellow alarm clock state.

It’s useful for those of us who don’t park in WiFi coverage and need to go out of our way to bring WiFi to the car (eg tether) when there’s an update pending before it can download and get to the yellow alarm clock state.

I got this for my X this evening, and there's no mention of the keyfob update in my release notes. The articles from a year ago imply the X had better fob security then; not sure if this is bringing the S to parity with that or something different.

??? That shows release notes for a 3, which also does not include the keyfob update section. So I don't know what you mean?

@Saghost - When you said, "Update," I thought you were referring to v. 2019.32 software update, and not the Fob. On another forum, I saw a MS owner report a Fob update. Those release notes (from the S) can also be found by clicking on the link in post #10 above, then scroll up to see what 2019.32 looks like on a MS screen. The MS release notes I posted on Sunday.

2019.32.x.x comments and experiences

@Saghost - When you said, "Update," I thought you were referring to v. 2019.32 software update, and not the Fob. On another forum, I saw a MS owner report a Fob update. Those release notes (from the S) can also be found by clicking on the link in post #10 above, then scroll up to see what 2019.32 looks like on a MS screen. The MS release notes I posted on Sunday.

2019.32.x.x comments and experiences

If you read the post I was quoting or anything upthread from there, the subject under discussion is the keyfob update that's included in the 2019.32 firmware update. I got the firmware update - but my recent X didn't mention the keyfob like the OP here has.

Reactions: jebinc
I just got the 2019.32 update on my 2014 MS85. Going to see if my key fobs are v2 by trying an update....

Update: No bueno. I have V1 fobs
IMG_20190827_191754.jpg

Maybe this update was to address the recent reports of key fobs getting hacked and cars being stolen.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
I got this update this evening. Same Release notes as above. Key fob update for fob v2. I have Dec 2018 S100. So the fob is probably v1 as I don't see the button to press and update my fob in the center console.