Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.x.x comments and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Software Update

The status bar will now indicate when there is a software update available to be downloaded. Tapping the icon will take you directly to Controls > Software for additional details regarding the update.

New Language Support

You can now select Norwegian as your language. To update your language setting, tap Controls > Display and select the desired option from the Language drop down menu.

This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes.
I’m assuming that the key fob update will only appear if you either have a newer Model S with the 80 bit Key Fobs or you purchased the 80 bit Key Fobs from Tesla after the fact as I did for my March 2018 MS 100D

I drove around a bit tonight with 2019.32 and there are no obvious differences. I think some of the text sizes on the car information display are slightly larger, but I could be crazy. Also, I didn’t get any false collision warning alarms when driving through narrow streets with cars parked on the side... that’s been improving over time and seems to be very good now. AP lane keeping is at least as smooth as before. I didn’t check following behavior on the highway.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Look for a yellow alarm clock on your M3 screen, upper right. Click on that, if you have it.
We have a 2018 Model S 100D (upgraded to v2 80 bit Key Fobs) and a 2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Both are on 2019.28.3.1 in our garage. Not physically accessible at the moment. Got the iOS notification from the app for the Model S only. Was about to install it via the app. Just not there to install. First time I’ve seen that happen.

Has anyone logged any AP on this new release, if so, what do you notice different? Dancing cars seems to remain. :(

To be fair, I've not seen any AP differences in any software updates since I got my car in May. Every time I read something about the car being better/different since X update, I test in my car and see no difference.

The only thing I can for sure say is different from a few software updates back is that I get a warning that Navigate on Autopilot is not available - when I go through a tunnel. I assume it's because the car loses LTE signal.

Anyway, I haven't gotten this latest update, but fully expect people to say that X is fixed or Y is now not working - and I'm sure when I test it there will be nothing different, as usual. :D

Got update to 2019.32 yesterday. Strange because I am usually late to the update party. LRDM-M3 Southwest US.
Have not noticed any change to AP as of yet, compared to the major/minor changes of 2019.28 (most noticeable for that release was what I call 'fully-stopped-car recognition' much sooner and 'solid line exit lane crossing' enabled, plus many minor enhancements).
@ WilliamG, I also got my M3 at that time and from 2019.16 to .20 to .24 to .28 to .32 I have noticed at least 1-2 major AP changes and other small enhancements for each release. Maybe you are not using AP enough? ;-D

Got update to 2019.32 yesterday. Strange because I am usually late to the update party. LRDM-M3 Southwest US.
Have not noticed any change to AP as of yet, compared to the major/minor changes of 2019.28 (most noticeable for that release was what I call 'fully-stopped-car recognition' much sooner and 'solid line exit lane crossing' enabled, plus many minor enhancements).
@ WilliamG, I also got my M3 at that time and from 2019.16 to .20 to .24 to .28 to .32 I have noticed at least 1-2 major AP changes and other small enhancements for each release. Maybe you are not using AP enough? ;-D
There is a multitude of “edge” cases where AP doesn’t handle specific locations properly. Many of us will try testing in those specific problem locations to see if a new version is more proficient. Many that I have retested have improved dramatically over time. I still have a few cases that are so extreme that I don’t expect much improvement until FSD arrives.
Here’s an example I documented of a tough spot dramatically improved in v9 a while back.
Tesla Version Autopilot 9.0 Hairpin Curve

Just completed a decent run on 2019.32. There are a couple of initial things I noticed -

1. The car seems to "pull" more consistently, and maybe even a tad bit harder...
2. Problem areas remain (e.g., round-a-bouts, forks in the road, dancing cars, etc.)
3) Phantom braking and slow starts while in AP or TACC remain as well.

Last edited:

Possibly. One of the big ones that a few people reported as being better with the last few updates is the way the car handles merging lanes from the right - when the lane gets super wide. My car still veers to the right to remain centered. Super annoying. No noticeable change.

And phantom breaking is still bloody annoying.

Reactions: frnkblk
Per Teslafi, deployment of 2019.32 (9d0d19a) seems to have slowed to a halt... perhaps problems and a 2019.32.1 is in the making?

Just got notified of a software update, but the Tesla app seems borked for me, even after rebooting the car. Either way, I was on 2019.28.x. so let's see what I get updated to. I had to go to the car and run the update there.
fullsizeoutput_1834.jpeg

*EDIT*

App is working off and on again now. Software Update in Progress, and then died with same message above.