Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.x.x comments and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although I didn't time my install, I thought it took much longer than usual. It finished seconds after I opened the Tesla app. At the time, I assumed it finished earlier and only by waking the phone did I see the notification, but who knows.

So weird.. If this update is what I think it is, which is notify of software update over cellular (and of course WiFi) so you can then connect to WiFi and download the update... I submitted a feature request yesterday via Tesla Help requesting the above feature. I don't know if this feature is actually what I asked for yet (until there is another SW update) but it indeed is a weird coincidence.

Although I didn't time my install, I thought it took much longer than usual. It finished seconds after I opened the Tesla app. At the time, I assumed it finished earlier and only by waking the phone did I see the notification, but who knows.

Mine took at least 40 minutes to complete. I also notice that the AC temp is set to LO with the fans cranking when I get into the car. Brake regen doesn’t feel so aggressive when immediately releasing accelerator. I may just do a reboot to clear any ghosts.

View attachment 447660 Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes. I got the notification today, but my car (sitting in my garage) was not connecting to the phone app. Went out to the car to kick off the update. 2 hours later, still "starting update". Prior to this have had no issues applying updates.

Rebooted car (two thumb wheel press) car went back to update available screen. Kicked off update again, and now its on "starting update" again.

Came back here because I remembered you (@WilliamG ) posting this, to find out if yours ever took or I need to wait until tomorrow or something. was off work today but will be going in tomorrow so would like to have the car available. Heaven forbid, I dont want to drive my wifes X3 in to work lmao.

Got my update at 3 this afternoon. I’ve gotten all my other updates overnight, with a notification that it was ready to install in the morning.

I’m still new to this... is it unusual for an update to come in the middle of the day?

Update took 35 minutes to install.

Yes. I got the notification today, but my car (sitting in my garage) was not connecting to the phone app. Went out to the car to kick off the update. 2 hours later, still "starting update". Prior to this have had no issues applying updates.

Rebooted car (two thumb wheel press) car went back to update available screen. Kicked off update again, and now its on "starting update" again.

Came back here because I remembered you (@WilliamG ) posting this, to find out if yours ever took or I need to wait until tomorrow or something. was off work today but will be going in tomorrow so would like to have the car available. Heaven forbid, I dont want to drive my wifes X3 in to work lmao.

This failed 3 different times (stuck for over an hour each time). I had to reboot the car each time to trigger it again. Finally on the 4th time, it went through.

Drove to work for the first time on .32. For the first time in my Tesla ownership I have to say that Autopilot has gotten worse. I experienced consistent phantom braking when approaching overpasses the car handled without issue in previous versions. It was bad enough that I manually controlled the accelerator to avoid getting rear ended in traffic. Hopefully, this is addressed in an update soon.