Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.32.x.x comments and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hopeful that some here will post new dragy times
Sorry to go OT, but man... I wish Tesla would include a few basic performance timers in the software.

My old 2008 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee had performance timers built in. 0-60, 0-100, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, 1 mile, etc.

Hate the fact that in order to get decent timing I have to spend the money on a Dragy when the functionality could (and should) be built into the Tesla software.

/rantmode :)

Reactions: jebinc
Which issue are you referring to?

Sorry, I was referring to the issue where you would see a black screen for several seconds when attempting to use the rear view camera. Also, I'm disappointed to report that the black screen showed up very briefly today when I tried to use it. It was there for only half a second, but judging from my previous experiences, it will get worse in the next few weeks until it takes 5 seconds or more for the camera to activate. How is it that Tesla can make a self driving car but they can't make a camera turn on instantly and consistently?

I have the 990 motor, so it's unlikely that I got more power. If remapping is possible, I would go with that. In any case, I do like how it feels when accelerating - very noticeable change for me. IIRC, the release notes mentioned something none specific about improvements in this area. I'm hopeful that some here will post new dragy times so we can all see what may have changed, if anything, with 2019.32.

At least one guy did in the AWD->P3- thread I think- no change with this version, still about 4.2x without rollout, 4.0x with it for AWD.

Sorry, I was referring to the issue where you would see a black screen for several seconds when attempting to use the rear view camera. Also, I'm disappointed to report that the black screen showed up very briefly today when I tried to use it. It was there for only half a second, but judging from my previous experiences, it will get worse in the next few weeks until it takes 5 seconds or more for the camera to activate. How is it that Tesla can make a self driving car but they can't make a camera turn on instantly and consistently?

Well... most of us don’t have that issue, I don’t think. Quick question: Are you getting into the car and throwing it into reverse immediately? I’ve only ever seen the black screen (with white lines still visible) on reverse for a second or so if I’m quick about jumping in and reversing.

Well... most of us don’t have that issue, I don’t think. Quick question: Are you getting into the car and throwing it into reverse immediately? I’ve only ever seen the black screen (with white lines still visible) on reverse for a second or so if I’m quick about jumping in and reversing.

I've read a ton of forum posts both here and on the official Model 3 forums about this issue, so congrats on being one of the lucky ones. In addition, the official Tesla SC's response to this problem is that it's a known software issue that is being worked on (and has been for the entire 10 months I've owned the car, apparently).

I usually don't go into reverse immediately because I use the easy access profile, so it takes a few seconds for the seat and steering wheel to get into driving positions whenever I enter the car. I most commonly encounter the problem when I try to back in to a parking space at my destination, so the car has been on and warmed up for plenty of time.

I've read a ton of forum posts both here and on the official Model 3 forums about this issue, so congrats on being one of the lucky ones. In addition, the official Tesla SC's response to this problem is that it's a known software issue that is being worked on (and has been for the entire 10 months I've owned the car, apparently).

I usually don't go into reverse immediately because I use the easy access profile, so it takes a few seconds for the seat and steering wheel to get into driving positions whenever I enter the car. I most commonly encounter the problem when I try to back in to a parking space at my destination, so the car has been on and warmed up for plenty of time.

I know this has been an ongoing issue for many. What I don’t understand is why many don’t have the issue, too. And that’s what gives me pause about it ever getting addressed.

Now, I haven’t heard of anyone with HW3 have the issue, for example.

Question: when it’s black, so you still have the white parking lines on the screen, or is it fully black?

Also, if you don't want potential issues, turn off the Advanced setting for Software Updates. Then you won't get it as early and any potential issues should be ironed out before your car is updated.

Amen. I could not have said it better. I am always a bit baffled as to why people update software when things are working ok (unless it is a significant improved update). I ignore the notifications unless there is something significant and reports are generally fine. I'm thinking the addiction to Tesla updates for many people is worse than the opioid crisis. Folks, seem to need a regular "fix" :D

Amen. I could not have said it better. I am always a bit baffled as to why people update software when things are working ok (unless it is a significant improved update). I ignore the notifications unless there is something significant and reports are generally fine. I'm thinking the addiction to Tesla updates for many people is worse than the opioid crisis. Folks, seem to need a regular "fix" :D

The subject of this forum is “comments and experiences”. I apologize if my experience was interpreted as complaining, but I’m pretty sure the purpose of this forum is to voice “comments and experiences”...which is what I was voicing.

The subject of this forum is “comments and experiences”. I apologize if my experience was interpreted as complaining, but I’m pretty sure the purpose of this forum is to voice “comments and experiences”...which is what I was voicing.
uh, I'm with it. No problem with your comment from me. :) I think you mis-understand my point and assumed negativity. I'm baffled why people want updates the second they appear.:D Sometimes things go down hill. I always wait.

Reactions: massadam
I know this has been an ongoing issue for many. What I don’t understand is why many don’t have the issue, too. And that’s what gives me pause about it ever getting addressed.

Question: when it’s black, so you still have the white parking lines on the screen, or is it fully black?

I want to say that the lines are still there but I don't remember. I'll make note of that next time I see it. I have HW2 but I bought FSD so maybe it'll get fixed whenever I eventually get the HW3 chip. The problem is definitely software related though, otherwise it wouldn't go away temporarily every time I get a new software update.

Has Navigation on Autopilot been changed for the 2019.32 build?

Specifically, I found out on a recent Interstate trip, NOA was selecting not only the correct exit, then followed selecting the correct lane to be in to continue the route.
Example: choices on the off ramp are: left turn, straight and right turn. The car navigated from a single lane offramp to the far right to prepare to take the right turn. Additionally it stopped, (similar to before) at the stop light. I repeated this Thursday with a few different off ramps, once staying in the center. Overall NOA chose correctly 3 out of 3 times.
I don't recall this being mentioned or previously supported before.
Maybe I just got lucky. Anyone else corroborate this?

-TechVP

Just happened again. The white lines are present when the black screen appears.

I am on 2019.32 and I had a problem this morning. I was able to put it in drive but the 17” screen would not turn on. I did not get a message saying “Wait, the car is starting up”. I got the out of the car and shut it down. I then got back in the car and got the message saying it was starting up. It took about 30 seconds for the 17” screen to turn on.