Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just gone from .1 to .3 this morning and noticed big reduction in regeneration braking. Yesterday it was more like leaf -epedal today more like leaf b mode. I prefer the old one much more having just got used to it.

I had a similar issue, however, this is related to the fact that Tesla changed the settings in this release. Once I set the stopping mode under the driving settings to hold it was back to one pedal driving.

I had a similar issue, however, this is related to the fact that Tesla changed the settings in this release. Once I set the stopping mode under the driving settings to hold it was back to one pedal driving.
The other thing that affects regeneration braking is the level of on the battery. When I charge to 90% there is clearly less regen when starting out.

Just gone from .1 to .3 this morning and noticed big reduction in regeneration braking. Yesterday it was more like leaf -epedal today more like leaf b mode. I prefer the old one much more having just got used to it.

I downloaded a day ago too and have to admit that there is a decrease in
regen braking. I got used to the .1 version, but this is okay.

Would have to disagree. I went down a hill today and the regenerative "power" was much less than in .1 Additionally, the car is taking a little longer to come to a complete stop.
You may be correct with that. I noticed something similar but I think what Sybaseguru was referring to is that the one pedal driving disappeared which also happened to me so I went to the setting and put the stop mode to hold. Again, the regen breaking is possibly not as aggressive as it used to be on 2.1

New issue noted in 36.2.3.
I tried the Scheduled Departure yesterday. I plugged in the charger and it previously started a "mini charge" and then would stop until about 4am when it progressed with a full charge to my usual 80-83%. Following the update to 36.2.3 the "mini charge" essentially continued and it basically just started charging the car. I checked the settings to ensure that Scheduled Departure was set. I even turned it on and then off. No dice!

Luckily the car will accept a set up time so that the 4 am charge will continue. That worked. As for cabin heating, I returned to Stats App. That worked before and seemed to work well today. Hopefully an update will come to correct this.

Additionally, of course, I would like any update to address the battery range issue that seemed to start following the new updates (ie. 5% loss of range).

Almost all my of driving consists of short 7-10 mile drives to and from work. I HAVE taken the car on a few road trips but out of my total 7,000 miles driven my road trips only account for roughly 800 miles.

I don't buy their answer. I think some batteries are degrading a bit. I drive pretty conservatively. My total lifetime average WH/Mile is only about 245.

I'm generally Ok with SOME degredation but if it continues on the current trajectory then it will become a problem.

245 means you're not a conservative driver lol, conservative driving I run at 148-155, that means I'm driving between 60-70 mph. Here in Canada currently -10 degrees Celsius, I've been running at 75 mph with heat on and seats on, and I'm running 231, and I drive a MS P85.
My car definitely takes the way I drive into account when factoring in range calculations, and all you need to do to test that theory is change the way you drive. Ex. On an hour to hour half long drive, navigate to where you are going and then drive no more than 60-62 mph, you will find your battery picking up range from they initial calculation. I know that if I drive the speed limit, I can generally pickup 15% more battery compared to the calculation, tried and tested. What you also want to know is that the size of wheel you have makes as difference, I dropped from 21s to 19s and picked up an extra 50 kilometers in range immediately.