Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW4 FSD beta Update here???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an 8/4 delivery and was on 2023.20.200 until tonight. Got a notification that an update was available (yay!) then got 2023.26.9 (!?!?!?). That has 11.3.6, which does me no good on a HW4 MYLR. Anyone else go from 20.200 -> 26.9? Or, better yet, anyone go from 26.9 -> 26.11? Teslfi seems to say no...

Reactions: spiazza12
I had an 8/4 delivery and was on 2023.20.200 until tonight. Got a notification that an update was available (yay!) then got 2023.26.9 (!?!?!?). That has 11.3.6, which does me no good on a HW4 MYLR. Anyone else go from 20.200 -> 26.9? Or, better yet, anyone go from 26.9 -> 26.11? Teslfi seems to say no...
I just got my first update show up as available to download after buying a month ago. Currently I’m in 2023.20.200 and the app says 2023.26.9 is available. Curious about 26.9 -> 26.11 too.

Should I download it or wait?

Going from 20.200 to 26.9 the release notes just say minor improvements and bug fixes so maybe it’s just getting our vehicles onto the main road of updates. I’m going for it and let you know if anything changes.
The 26.9 was our first update after the delivery. It came with the left scroll wheel options, removing the blue on night mode, all sentry cameras displayed on app and some weird arcade vampire game.

Going from 20.200 to 26.9 the release notes just say minor improvements and bug fixes so maybe it’s just getting our vehicles onto the main road of updates. I’m going for it and let you know if anything changes.
Took delivery of my 2023 Model S refresh (HW 4) on Aug. 25th. As part of the delivery, I had my wife's FSD license from her M3 transferred to my MS.
Car came with 20.200 at delivery which I understand is standard from the factory. Got a download of 26.9 on Sept. 1st which I accepted. Although I expected FSD 11.3.6 to come with it, it did not. I seem to have a hybrid of autopilot and no working park assist. Rebooting did nothing.
Does anyone have FSD 11.3.6 working with HW4 at this time?

Took delivery of my 2023 Model S refresh (HW 4) on Aug. 25th. As part of the delivery, I had my wife's FSD license from her M3 transferred to my MS.
Car came with 20.200 at delivery which I understand is standard from the factory. Got a download of 26.9 on Sept. 1st which I accepted. Although I expected FSD 11.3.6 to come with it, it did not. I seem to have a hybrid of autopilot and no working park assist. Rebooting did nothing.
11.3.6 isn’t compatible with HW4. Latest version is 11.4.7 for HW4

FSDb 11.3.6 is not compatible with HW4. You will need 2023.26.10+ with 11.4.4.

Reactions: cdub
According to today's articles, FSD is coming sooner than later. 2023.26.11 is the software they are on.

Hoping I get the update soon. It says last update checked was on the 2nd so hopefully i get it this week.

I got my first update just now after subscribing to FSD on 8/27, HW4 Model S, but it’s 2023.26.9, so no compatible FSD Beta for me yet.

You can force the Controls > Software screen to check for updates again by rebooting.
Thx for letting me know. I did the reboot but im in the same boat with 2023.26.9 for the software. Hoping I can get the newest update soon. I only got the 3 free months of FSD so I wanted to play around with it some before it expires.

Thx for letting me know. I did the reboot but im in the same boat with 2023.26.9 for the software. Hoping I can get the newest update soon. I only got the 3 free months of FSD so I wanted to play around with it some before it expires.
I subscribed to FSD in hopes of getting FSD Beta for an upcoming road trip, but if it doesn’t happen before the trip I’ll cancel. I had FSD Beta in my previous S, and my wife’s 3 still has it, but I don’t really miss it when driving my new car, because EAP is all I need (and it doesn’t have any of the FSD Beta drama). The main reason I wanted it for the road trip was for driving on rural highways in New England, where EAP (but not FSD Beta) restricts you to 5mph over the speed limit.

Wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the info. Going to try it tonight.
Software Check is mostly placebo. You only get an update when you are pushed into the queue by Tesla servers. You can't pull your way into the queue no matter how often you check. If you are in the queue you may be able to get it downloaded a few hours quicker by checking but that is the extent of it.

Now someone will say that they checked and got it but that is just coincidental and anecdotal.

Software Check is mostly placebo. You only get an update when you are pushed into the queue by Tesla servers. You can't pull your way into the queue no matter how often you check. If you are in the queue you may be able to get it downloaded a few hours quicker by checking but that is the extent of it.

Now someone will say that they checked and got it but that is just coincidental and anecdotal.
Not a placebo. It won’t get you an update if one isn’t scheduled for your car, but it might make your car aware of an update sooner than it would find out otherwise.

For example, yesterday I looked at the Controls > Software screen, and the last update check was on August 31. I rebooted, went to the screen, it checked for updates, and found 2023.26.9 ready to download. I would have gotten the update notification eventually if I hadn’t checked, but I’m pretty sure I got it sooner this way.

In general, if you go to Controls > Software, it won’t check for updates if the last check was less than 24 hours ago, but rebooting will force it to check again.