Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I made the chime go off last night inadvertently!.....if the car is in your blind spot, it’ll be red, if you go to move out at that point then it chimes. In fact it goes crazy

I just tested it and you do have to make a concerted effort to trigger the chime :eek:.

Given the effort required I thought the chime ought to be louder though.

Sorry to thread high jack, but I also cant login to Spotify so just have to use the Tesla account. What voice commands can be used to play specific music from spotify, vs it just displaying artist on screen then having to click etc, as that seems to defeat using the voice command.

Hi guys,

I made the chime go off last night inadvertently!.....if the car is in your blind spot, it’ll be red, if you go to move out at that point then it chimes. In fact it goes crazy

I love the update on AP where you just push the stalk one and if stays on until in that lane.

Can you add to this....

Was the car in Autopilot? Part or Full? if in full by drifting didn't the Autopilot deactivate? If in part do you need speed only for the feature to activate? if you were not in Autopilot then you must have indicated that's the only the only way a car in the blindspot will illuminate red, I tried this manoeuvre but without causing a pile up I didn't get too close and nothing chimed?

Car was in full autopilot. Drifting didn’t deactivate AP as I wasn’t forcing the car that way, just encouraging it.

So the car was red, I was indicating but the other car wasn’t letting me out, so I encouraged the AP to move anyway so it did a little and then chimed that there was something there.

Yes I guess that’s the point of it? The AP needs to think you haven’t noticed the red car on the dash to trigger?

In my test AP wasn't active, and I guess you forced the intervention by 'encouraging' it.

Under normal circumstances AP wouldn't chime as the car won't try the lane change if it senses something in the adjacent lane.

Can you add to this....

Was the car in Autopilot? Part or Full? if in full by drifting didn't the Autopilot deactivate? If in part do you need speed only for the feature to activate? if you were not in Autopilot then you must have indicated that's the only the only way a car in the blindspot will illuminate red, I tried this manoeuvre but without causing a pile up I didn't get too close and nothing chimed?

Autopilot is when TACC and auto lane steer are both active. The chime wouldn't sound as AP wouldn't try the manoeuvre.

If you have just TACC active or are driving manually, yes, you would need to initiate the indicator and ignore/miss the red line/vehicle and then get pretty damn close. I did it at 5.30AM when there was nothing on the road apart from me and this lorry. He must have thought I was a complete numpty.

Autopilot is when TACC and auto lane steer are both active. The chime wouldn't sound as AP wouldn't try the manoeuvre.

If you have just TACC active or are driving manually, yes, you would need to initiate the indicator and ignore/miss the red line/vehicle and then get pretty damn close. I did it at 5.30AM when there was nothing on the road apart from me and this lorry. He must have thought I was a complete numpty.

You should put a sticker in the rear window "Caution! Tesla systems test in progress, I may appear to drive like a c***!"

• Helpful
Reactions: Shock-On-T
In my test AP wasn't active, and I guess you forced the intervention by 'encouraging' it.

Under normal circumstances AP wouldn't chime as the car won't try the lane change if it senses something in the adjacent lane.
Yeah exactly. It wasn’t trying to change it was waiting for the overtaking vehicle to go past first. But when I went to “encourage” it to move it chimed. And AP was on, haven’t tested it with AP off.

Apparently a hidden feature in this version is that it won't allow the car to undertake other cars. I logged this as a feature request about 6 months ago as i find it very annoying that, if you pull into a nearside lane the car can speed up and undertake the car in the outside lane. A quick tap of the accelerator overrides.

I don't have it yet so if anyone could test that would be great!

Apparently a hidden feature in this version is that it won't allow the car to undertake other cars. I logged this as a feature request about 6 months ago as i find it very annoying that, if you pull into a nearside lane the car can speed up and undertake the car in the outside lane. A quick tap of the accelerator overrides.

I'll give that a try this morning, that has always annoyed me as well...

It is perfectly legal in the USA on multi-lane highways, but if they have fixed it for the UK that would be good news.

This is an AP1 feature that was the last improvement made before AP2 was launched. I’ve been waiting for it to arrive as for me anyway, it was the last feature required before parity was established with AP1. That said I think AP still has the lead due to sign recognition.

Anyway, yesterday in the middle lane with AP2 set at 70mph it locked onto a car in the outside lane doing 68mph and wouldn’t undertake. :)

I can't confirm it from my last couple of hours on the road, it still happily under took a car in the middle lane shortly after merging onto the M1.

Need to give it a few more chances as it is possible it didn't have time to get that car locked up.

I can't confirm it from my last couple of hours on the road, it still happily under took a car in the middle lane shortly after merging onto the M1.

Need to give it a few more chances as it is possible it didn't have time to get that car locked up.

I believe it’s speed related, so above a certain speed (maybe 50, not sure) it won’t undertake. The logic being that in slowish moving traffic if your lane moves quicker than the adjacent lane the car will undertake.

No, the lines are red, the cars or objects in the lanes are red but no chime whatsoever.

Blind Spot Chime worked for me today, but only when not driving on AP. I passed a semi truck and switched back to the right lane pretty quick (still safe though) and besides the dotted lane line turning red and the truck turning red I also got the chime signal. Only 1 beep. Almost did not notice the sound. I do not get the chime when driving on AP because the car won't change lanes when it's not safe. Seems logic