Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.8.5 - Not going to sleep?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody noticed this happening? My aftermarket dashcam has been remaining on (which also happens in sentry mode). I've verified sentry mode is off, and I've only noticed this a few times since I got 19.8.5 last week.

I haven't tried a reboot yet, just wondering if this is a bit of a known issue. Having the dashcam powered when Sentry Mode is activated has been a nice bonus, but I don't want things running all the time and draining the battery.

I'm also curious how much we know about the modes. Is there any difference between being fully awake vs. sentry mode?

Reactions: fiatlux
You’re not alone. I noticed after 2019.8.5 I was getting terrible phantom drain like 1.5 miles/ hr and the USB stick for teslacam was warm even though car was parked, locked, and not on sentry mode for two hours. I unplugged the USB and it helped it sleep almost immediately.

Unfortunately that’s only one thing that’s preventing it from sleeping cause today after 2 hours of being parked it wouldn’t sleep again. Reset my Tesla password like some have recommended and that only fixed it temporarily. I’m getting pretty frustrated too, hopefully Tesla will release a fix with next update.

Reactions: fiatlux