Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Firmware Updates for AP 2.0?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have the vent button (pic attached)
That's better than nothin', but the Vent function described in reviews lowers the windows 3 inches to allow the car to air out before entry when it's been parked in a hot, sunny place long enough for the interior to get unbearable. It is supposed to work in cars without the sunroof. It undoubtedly does work in the M3, the only car the developers at Tesla care about.

For AP, I've noticed that the car starts accelerating a lot quicker when in stop and go traffic.

For Summon, have you tried the Come To Me option? Try holding it down instead of just touching it once.

FWIW in addition to the faster start after a stop, I’ve noticed dramatic city driving improvements, being able to get through intersections with turning lane line markings (those used to cause swerving) and not unnecessarily re-centering the car for wide lane lines.

Enhanced Summon seems to work but takes about 20-30 seconds to boot before the car will move. I presume Standby mode will help with that.

I definitely have a "smart summon" button on my iPhone Tesla app (version 3.10) but it still doesn't work after almost a week. If I click the labelled area it takes me to a GPS map showing my location and the cars location but then will not initiate summon. I have not tried the normal forward/reverse functions to see if that still works. My morning commute takes me around a series of curves on a narrow road in south Brookline, MA with large boulders on the right side of the road. This has been my benchmark area for AP2.0, as for the most part the system has failed to negotiate the curves safely forcing me to bail and take over. When I upgraded to 32.1 for the first time EAP 2.0 was able to get around these curves smoothly, but after 32.11 it it is failing once again, approaching the curves with too much speed to make it around without hitting the rocks on the side.

I updated to 2019.32.12.2 this week, and have tried Smart Summon several times in different locations. I can initiate the process from my app but each time it aborts in spite of showing accurately the location of the car and myself on the map, usually not much farther apart than 50 feet. Cell signal seems strong at both ends. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

As of this morning, there were seven cars, 2.8% reporting the 2019.40.50.1 update, while about 80% of the rest of the fleet on Teslafi reporting the update. First question as usual: any of you with AP2.0 get the update, and if yes, what did it add? If none of us have gotten it is there any speculation as to whether this will eventually come or have our for the most part three year old cars reached the end of the update line?

@S-Car.Go: I have S90D - HW2 - car manufactured December 2016. Paid for FSD at time of purchase. Received notice Dec. 24 on Tesla iPhone app > Settings > Notices - which says: “Over the next several weeks Version 10.2 will be sent to your car. Enjoy enhancements to features like voice commands and driver profiles, or experience new features like text message support.” Per Teslafi.com, now 8 Model S cars with “Autopilot 2” have been upgraded - so one additional car. That is it. Teslafi can only identify AP version on about 1/3 of cars they can track but 98 % of Autopilot 3 cars have now been upgraded to 50.40.x and 88% of Autopilot 2.5 cars have been upgraded. Still only 8 Autopilot 2 vehicles have been upgraded. From what i have read elsewhere they may be having problem with camera color filters on Autopilot 2 (sigh).

@S-Car.Go: I have S90D - HW2 - car manufactured December 2016. Paid for FSD at time of purchase. Received notice Dec. 24 on Tesla iPhone app > Settings > Notices - which says: “Over the next several weeks Version 10.2 will be sent to your car. Enjoy enhancements to features like voice commands and driver profiles, or experience new features like text message support.” Per Teslafi.com, now 8 Model S cars with “Autopilot 2” have been upgraded - so one additional car. That is it. Teslafi can only identify AP version on about 1/3 of cars they can track but 98 % of Autopilot 3 cars have now been upgraded to 50.40.x and 88% of Autopilot 2.5 cars have been upgraded. Still only 8 Autopilot 2 vehicles have been upgraded. From what i have read elsewhere they may be having problem with camera color filters on Autopilot 2 (sigh).
TeslaFi's data is bad. If you look at the version details, 5 of those 8 cars were never even built with AP2 hardware and should be eliminated from the count. Of the 3 that remain, it is possible but highly doubtful that they are correctly identified as AP2 and have actually been upgraded.

Currently no AP 2 vehicles have been updated to 10.2. We still haven't heard of any AP2 car that has actually had the AP hardware upgraded to AP3 by Tesla. Those AP2 owners that have booked appointments have all reported they were cancelled.

I also have an early 2017 S 75 D pretty sure with AP 2.0 and got the notification email on 12/24 indicating that I would get 10.2 "in the next several weeks." My last update was 2019.40.2.1, and have gotten smart summon, faster lane changes, navigate on autopilot etc without FSD, just EAP. It seems like several of us are in the same boat and I am getting the sense that we have no idea if there will be any updates or hardware upgrades offered.

Reactions: HookBill

I have an AP2.0 MS, have the same message, and have no update. I have paid for FSD. I do however have a scheduled appointment tomorrow because my car when NOA is engaged, weaves back and forth in the lane of traffic about 50 percent of the time. If service gives me any clues about 10.2 or when HW3 might be retrofitted (kind of doubtful, but hey) I will update.

let me know the weaving was "normal". No info on 10.2. No info on HW3.
I have a MS90D with HW2.0 and a M3-AWD-LR at HW2.5. Both were doing the slight weaving or hunting after the last couple updates. The M3 was on 2013.40.50.7 and the weaving was really starting to bug me. Yesterday, they upgraded the M3 to the full FSD cpu so I guess it is HW3.0 now. On the drive home I paid especial attention to see if the weaving better and as far as I could tell it is GONE. I'm kinda thinking now that the weaving may have been caused by latency in the processing with the HW2.5 autopilot cpu and since the new FSD cpu is so much faster that latency has all but disappeared, so the weave is gone. If my assumptions are correct, then yes the weaving is Normal for the older autopilot cpu.

Worrisome, as some of us are still on AP2.0/MCU1. I am still on 2029.40.2.1 and autopilot seems to be working mainly as well as it always had for me, though there are still a few cases involving tight turns around a road with a large rock on one side (it for the most part heads for the rock, yikes) and on another local street on my commute where it doesn't like a widened t intersection and it drifts toward the right threatening to hit the curb. Interesting now that I think of it both failures are on the right. I noticed a couple of 2020.4 updates both pushed to what were identified as AP 2.5 and AP2.0, so maybe we will get this update

Finally installed 2020.4.1, so far not having much luck with the new functions. I have an iPhone 6s which can only run iOS 12 and there have been reports that one needs iOS 13 and above for texting to work, though I was able to make the connection by turning on bluetooth notification on the phone itself. What is not clear to me is whether this system will work with iMessage or will it only send and receive SMS.
It doesn't seem like many of us are on this forum running MCU 2.0 but if you are out there and using an iPhone I would appreciate hearing what your experience has been with 10.2 and the new features and weather iMessage based texts can be detected by the system.

PS: I notice no change in navigation.

Finally installed 2020.4.1, so far not having much luck with the new functions. I have an iPhone 6s which can only run iOS 12 and there have been reports that one needs iOS 13 and above for texting to work, though I was able to make the connection by turning on bluetooth notification on the phone itself. What is not clear to me is whether this system will work with iMessage or will it only send and receive SMS.
It doesn't seem like many of us are on this forum running MCU 2.0 but if you are out there and using an iPhone I would appreciate hearing what your experience has been with 10.2 and the new features and weather iMessage based texts can be detected by the system.

PS: I notice no change in navigation.
On iOS 13 and texts and sms'es both work for me. Voice commands are really spotty though, it rarely transcribes anything onto the screen like it doesn't hear me.