Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Model S Raven - New Headlights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No pictures but I saw one in the showroom on Rush St (Chicago) and the headlights are identical (at least in appearance). Hopefully something new (improved/enhanced) will come in the September timeframe....

Came across this on twitter - I don't think the current generation has the daylight all around, just the top, and partially on the bottom
D94_Ys7UYAA3PMX.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Raechris and croman
Came across this on twitter - I don't think the current generation has the daylight all around, just the top, and partially on the bottom

Interesting. On the online parts catalog, I see the following for both left and right side. Two part numbers, so is it possible that the bottom of the two are for the new raven?

Anyone want to go order one of these and see if it's a direct replacement?

1053570-00-D HD/LP ASY, SAE UP-LEVEL, LH
1065041-00-D HD/LP ASY, SAE BASE, LH

1053571-00-D HD/LP ASY, SAE UP-LEVEL, RH
1065042-00-D HD/LP ASY, SAE BASE, RH

If this works on the post 2016 facelift cars I suspect it will work on the pre-2016. That would be cool...
I don’t think the pre and post facelift headlights are drop in replacements. The old ones are HID where the new ones are LED. According to tests, the old HID headlights are actually brighter with a sharper cut off for glare. They only look old because the newer cars have different lights.

Store sales person said the exterior is the same.

The more I see of these yellowing screen, non sunroof, non leather cars, the more I like mine.

I like a badge that relates better to the performance and price of the car.