Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019 Raven - What to do? - (warranty, new prices)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

My 2019 Raven Model X has its warranty expiring on the 14th of September and I am looking for some advice on wether or not I should trade it in for a new model.

The car has 33K miles on it, still feels new AND it has unlimited SC for life. With the new prices I am tempted to upgrade or do I keep it and pay for the $3500 for the extend warranty.

One last piece of info, the car has 38K left on its loan and the monthly is $1430.

Thanks

Well, I can honestly say I'm in very much a similar boat. 2019 Raven MX with 37K + unlimited SC and warranty up on September 7. I'm not really considering another X. My choices are pretty much down to either purchasing an XCare warranty for 2 years or trading this car for a new Model Y. I just picked up my car from the service center where they did the half shafts, passenger side FWD glass/seal and trunk latch repair all under warranty.

As I see it, if I purchase the Xcare warranty, the biggest exposures for me over the next 2 years are: 12V battery (still original), driver side FWD glass/seal (I'm assuming XCare doesn't cover that) and the 22" tires. The second set of rears went on at just under 20K and the fronts at 35K. I'm hopeful the brakes last through the next 2 years (or about 36K at our current rate of driving). Most everything else major should be covered by XCare or so I would hope. The cost of the XCare warranty is very close to the sales tax on a new Model Y.

I'd love to hear your thinking process and from others who have experience with out-of-warranty and/or XCare warrantied MXs.

Well, I can honestly say I'm in very much a similar boat. 2019 Raven MX with 37K + unlimited SC and warranty up on September 7. I'm not really considering another X. My choices are pretty much down to either purchasing an XCare warranty for 2 years or trading this car for a new Model Y. I just picked up my car from the service center where they did the half shafts, passenger side FWD glass/seal and trunk latch repair all under warranty.

As I see it, if I purchase the Xcare warranty, the biggest exposures for me over the next 2 years are: 12V battery (still original), driver side FWD glass/seal (I'm assuming XCare doesn't cover that) and the 22" tires. The second set of rears went on at just under 20K and the fronts at 35K. I'm hopeful the brakes last through the next 2 years (or about 36K at our current rate of driving). Most everything else major should be covered by XCare or so I would hope. The cost of the XCare warranty is very close to the sales tax on a new Model Y.

I'd love to hear your thinking process and from others who have experience with out-of-warranty and/or XCare warrantied MXs.
Basically the same exact situation. Giving up the USC would suck. I havent had any issues with the car outside of an odd electrical issue that was taken care of recently and during that issue, they replaced the 12V. I also JUST upgraded the tires to new 22” EV Pirellis. What do you think the cars are worth on the private market?

Your money. Your car. If you think you tired of your "old" X do it. If you can afford it an willing to spend $, why not? New X and S are so much better cars than before, had a pleasure to test drive Plaid X and it was an amazing difference in ride quality, cabin noise and extra 500 horsepower :)
I personally, if I had a choice, would just keep my 60k mile 100D and just refresh it (refresh bumpers, matrix headlights, new wheels etc) I love it too much :)

Basically the same exact situation. Giving up the USC would suck. I havent had any issues with the car outside of an odd electrical issue that was taken care of recently and during that issue, they replaced the 12V. I also JUST upgraded the tires to new 22” EV Pirellis. What do you think the cars are worth on the private market?
That’s a really good question. Mine is a Raven Standard Range which is going to be worth less than a long range or performance model. What I do know is that all of these recent price decreases (and especially this last one) have really tanked all MX resale values.

We’ve pretty much decided to keep the car and get the XCare extended warranty. In 2 or 3 years hopefully the EV market will have stabilized a bit and offer more and better alternatives.

Mines a 2020 but built in December 2019, I was considering trading in but going to go with an 3 year X care warranty.
Having test srove a new X it’s much nicer but I don’t think it’s 50K nicer.
My daughter and SIL have a 2023 LR and it’s quicker and quieter. Quieter would be nice but mine’s more than quick enough for me. I could probably get used to the yoke but I’m not a huge fan. Agreed not worth the price to upgrade.