Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.11.1 rolling out...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can't wait to get my hands on the new stop light feature
2020.12.11 had it. It worked fine when I tested it, but honestly, since I never drive with AP or TACC enabled on surface street, I'll never really use it.

I was hoping it would at least do a warning alert if you are about to go through a red light or stop sign when not in AP mode. Maybe eventually it will, after they get fewer false positives.

2020.12.11 had it. It worked fine when I tested it, but honestly, since I never drive with AP or TACC enabled on surface street, I'll never really use it.

I was hoping it would at least do a warning alert if you are about to go through a red light or stop sign when not in AP mode. Maybe eventually it will, after they get fewer false positives.

i agree a warning alert when not in AP, might indeed be more helpful at this current stage of FSD.

After half an hour or so of driving it seems like there are fewer false stops at intersections and some stopping/traffic control alerts now have a black background where before they were white backgrounds. And where before an intersection might require two separate stalk pull events to continue now they only appear as a single event requiring only a single pull to continue.
Plus you can speed up above the posted speed limit.
Also seems like the red line appearing while stopped at an intersection is thicker than it was before.

Just used “Navigate with AutoPilot” on a 150 miles drive yesterday, in the rain on both local roads & interstate in MA & CT. It’s recognition of traffic signals (even RR crossings) was amazing and very intuitive in most situations!
During heavy rain on the interstate it turned off with a message about not being available in foul weather. But surprisingly autosteer and active cruise stayed engaged. Interstate off ramps from 75 to 45MPH were a little jerky when it slowed but might be because I have regen brakes set on “Hold” so when it wanted to slow it wasn’t that smooth. But it made all the merges, etc., seamlessly.
Only issue was on sections of milled or recently paved highway it had trouble finding the lane. But no issues at interactions on local roads!
LR/AWD/FSD/20” wheels/Blue &Black/12.11 software

so what's the difference if any if the release notes are the same? maybe the A/C bug that had people's A/C and dog mode not work?
I guess it is a common assumption that if there are no new release notes, then nothing much changes. In fact there are often numerous updates and improvements even in minor releases that most people may not notice. And then, some times, new bugs also appear.

I guess it is a common assumption that if there are no new release notes, then nothing much changes. In fact there are often numerous updates and improvements even in minor releases that most people may not notice. And then, some times, new bugs also appear.

In this case 2020.12.11.1 does bring a new improvement that is apparently not listed: the car will stop at crosswalks even if there are no traffic lights or stop signs.

Tesla 2020.12.11.1 OTA Software Update Stops At Crosswalks : teslamotors

wait. I think mine did over WiFi in the background. Maybe it was overnight.

@hutsy what is your Nav version now?

Just downloaded 2020.12.11.1 however has a note that latest maps must be installed before traffic light stopping will work. Anyone know a trick for getting the latest map software?

I brought my Model S back from its FSD upgrade on Thursday afternoon, and checked the Software panel under the controls. It told me I had a map update pending, and to connect to wifi. Did that. Today I was offered the 2020.12.11.1 installation. Did that.

Haven't been out to drive yet. Looking forward to trying it out. :)

Mojo

After half an hour or so of driving it seems like there are fewer false stops at intersections and some stopping/traffic control alerts now have a black background where before they were white backgrounds. And where before an intersection might require two separate stalk pull events to continue now they only appear as a single event requiring only a single pull to continue.
Just started using the new autopilot feature on city streets. Very impressive, although the software currently requires me to use the gear stalk or accelerator at every intersection to avoid stopping, even if the signal is green. Will this software version learn to avoid slowing down at intersections when the light is green?

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up