Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.12.11.2 hitting M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
Still stuck on 2020.12.5. Been waiting for at least 2020.12.6 at least to try some of the new stuff.

Lots of incremental tweaks. Some MY. Some not. Many tweaks for stop lights and signs I’m assuming.

Can’t wait to play with it.

I wonder when AP 2.5 cars will get updated, since the current batch of updates requires AP 3. I'm hoping that AP 2.5 isn't already abandoned after just 2 years...
As there are some 2.5 cars that have been getting these releases it's probably more accurate to say that only v3 cars are able to use the traffic light features.
That isn't the only new thing in the release, there is usually a bunch of "bug fixes and updates" thrown in there as well,

I wonder when AP 2.5 cars will get updated, since the current batch of updates requires AP 3. I'm hoping that AP 2.5 isn't already abandoned after just 2 years...

... of course not.

The very first Model S, from 2012, is still receiving constant updates. Features that require newer hardware (say, the traffic light visualization) won’t work, but they still get all the software updates.

There’s no way AP2.5 cars would be discontinued. Not even a little .00000001% chance. This isn’t like a BMW where they “save” new features to force you into a new car.

Reactions: TX_M3P+
Still stuck on 2020.12.5. Been waiting for at least 2020.12.6 at least to try some of the new stuff.

Lots of incremental tweaks. Some MY. Some not. Many tweaks for stop lights and signs I’m assuming.

Can’t wait to play with it.
Mine my new model 3 dual motor came with 8.3 and it refused to update to 12.5, tried everything, different wifi, rebooting car ... anyway after 2 weeks of frustration it popped up with 12.11.2 update half hour ago, UK here.

Reactions: WarpedOne