Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.20.17 update - AC issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone experience any AC issues with the 2020.20.17 update?

I downloaded the update last night and today I noticed I had to run my AC at speed 7 to feel any kind of air in my car whereas normally I'm freezing at speed 3.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone experience any AC issues with the 2020.20.17 update?

I downloaded the update last night and today I noticed I had to run my AC at speed 7 to feel any kind of air in my car whereas normally I'm freezing at speed 3.

Thanks in advance.

After the past two updates the vents being used has changed. Usually I have the air shooting at me from mid-dash with the AC on. After these updates the AC was turned off and air was coming out only near the floor. Hopefully that’s your problem. It had me worried too, the first time. Then 2nd time I knew what the issue was. Good luck.

I like more forceful air when I'm really hot, so I adjust the fan speed to a higher setting than Auto would. When I'm cooled down, I might turn it back to Auto, or I might just lower the fan speed. I like having the option.

You can do this all in auto - just use the scroller on the steering wheel to lower the temperature down as low as it goes, and you'll get full blast AC. Then when you're cooler you can set it back at whatever temp you were at before. No need to fiddle with the AC settings or have to look away from the road.

Reactions: RedXowner
Anyone have a problem with the back vents along the door panel? even on 11 it barley feels like air is flowing out of them........my rear passengers are in a sauna.
Since we're in an X forum, I'm assuming you're talking about a 6 or 7 seat X. Since the 6 or 7 seat X doesn't have an 11 setting for those vents... Please hold while I bite my tongue... Now that my tongue is bitten, when you look at the bottom of the A/C settings, there is a "Rear" section which only has three parts: "Auto", "Temp", and "Fan Speed". You need to set that fan speed in order to affect air flow to any side vent behind the driver compartment. You will also need to turn off "Auto" if your passengers aren't being detected (for instance, if they are animals and no seatbelts are latched).

ETA: For clarification, I mean animals literally. More specifically light pet animals that would not set off the weight sensors in the seats. Humans who are such "animals" that they don't use seat belts would still set off the weight sensors and presumably trigger the automatic rear A/C.

Since we're in an X forum, I'm assuming you're talking about a 6 or 7 seat X. Since the 6 or 7 seat X doesn't have an 11 setting for those vents... Please hold while I bite my tongue... Now that my tongue is bitten, when you look at the bottom of the A/C settings, there is a "Rear" section which only has three parts: "Auto", "Temp", and "Fan Speed". You need to set that fan speed in order to affect air flow to any side vent behind the driver compartment. You will also need to turn off "Auto" if your passengers aren't being detected (for instance, if they are animals and no seatbelts are latched).

ETA: For clarification, I mean animals literally. More specifically light pet animals that would not set off the weight sensors in the seats. Humans who are such "animals" that they don't use seat belts would still set off the weight sensors and presumably trigger the automatic rear A/C.

your forgetting the 5 seater;:p, thats the one im talking about, it has x2 on the Falcon door panels. they dont seem to ever work even on 11. its a sauna back there