Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.28.5 gets +5mph with traffic light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title says it all. Big improvement. Sees everything better. Slower stopping. Starts stopping further back.

While I haven't got the update yet (yes, I do have FSD and yes, I do have the new hardware), I am happy to hear this. I stopped using it largely because it scared the crap out of passengers (and me at times) when it would wait till the last second to stop. Can't wait to get the new update to see for myself.

While I haven't got the update yet (yes, I do have FSD and yes, I do have the new hardware), I am happy to hear this. I stopped using it largely because it scared the crap out of passengers (and me at times) when it would wait till the last second to stop. Can't wait to get the new update to see for myself.

It truly was a useless sudden stop and now it far more smooth. Still room to go but it is useable now.

I'm shocked no one posted about this. It is the first fsd update that has a useful feature.

• Informative
Reactions: MXLRplus

This - definitely a bit of a cheek clencher when coming up to a stop light - especially on a road with a 65 MPH speed limit. Glad to see it being addressed.

I was happy that autopilot reverted back to "normal" after turning off the stoplight recognition

Also this.

I have actually had a few close call since this update. I have had to slam on my brakes a couple of times because my car wasn't slowing down. My FSD driving seemed more hesitant is areas that it was preforming very well before. I moved my car distant back to solve the issue. I enjoy the extra 5+ miles but there are still some bugs that need to be work out of this update.

Is the +5 MPH just while using the stop light feature? I'm still waiting on my FSD hardware upgrade in a week or so, so I haven't had a chance to try the new features yet.

I'd love to get more flexibility in the regular Autopilot speed during normal highway driving. Most people tend to go 95 km/h or higher on the 80 km/h highways here, and it currently limits me to 90 while on Autopilot. Strangely, it lets me set a speed of 150 on the major highways, which will get your license suspended and car impounded if caught going that fast, ha ha.

I’ve also seen a mild range improvement since 2020.24.6.x.
C44444DF-3A85-4E18-ADB3-C16EBD8783B3.jpeg