Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is having trouble reading 65 mph signs so I’m stuck on 55 for Autopilot
I’m wondering if this is on purpose. Mine does not appear to see signs 65mph or higher. 60mph and lower it shows nearly all of them. Even when the GPS data is accurate with a 70mph zone the car still ignores the 70mph sign as I pass it. This has been on
non-highway/interstate roads as I haven’t driven on those yet to see if it displays those as I pass them.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and mikes_fsd
I got 36.3.1 a couple days ago and it did see the speed signs on the local roads. On the freeway, I don't think it does, but will need to pay more attention. Since 36.x, I haven't had any major phantom braking events. Any slow downs have been gradual.
Very happy so far.

Reactions: diplomat33
Update: still see significant dancing when slowly pulling up to other cars at a stop light. My initial impression was incorrect :)
I have some
I’m wondering if this is on purpose. Mine does not appear to see signs 65mph or higher. 60mph and lower it shows nearly all of them. Even when the GPS data is accurate with a 70mph zone the car still ignores the 70mph sign as I pass it. This has been on
non-highway/interstate roads as I haven’t driven on those yet to see if it displays those as I pass them.

Same exact thing....it’s like it looks the other way when passing a 70 mph sign ....I updated to 2020.36.3.1 this morning so we will see if there’s any improvement on the drive home from work

Test out the sign reading- it sees a sign and goes that speed But then if there’s no sign after a while it slows the car down for no reason. It also isn’t slowing down around corners.

This. Also, random phantom braking as well. Car seems to stay a little closer to the left lane marking also. Other than the ability to read speed limit signs, this has been a regression for sure. (2020.36.3)

Reactions: Enginerd
Anyone had alarm problems during a software update?

It has never happened before but while installing version 2020.36.10 on an early 2019 model X 100D in Germany the alarm went off multiple times despite no reason for it. I could unlock and enter the car with the fob. And sometime clicking on the key stopped it shortly but it would soon restart and there was nothing I could do but wait until it finished installing. All seems fine now.

First time I have ever wanted to go back to previous software version since I got my M3 in June 2019. Speed limits are now broken. Had a 250 mile drive today and had to hold the accelerator down while on autopilot almost the whole time to avoid going 35 mph in a 65 mph zone because it would NOT read any speed limit signs and seemed to forget GPS data. Used to work fine on the same road.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP