Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.36 Problems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took my 2017 S75/FSD/HW3/MCU1 out for a spin with the newly updated 2020.36 software version. I have noted the following problems: 1. Speed limit signs are NOT recognized or shown on the dash; 2. Whereas the car stops behind traffic at a red light and starts up appropriately when the car in front moves, there is NO chime - it just behaves automatically. TIA

My understanding is that the speed limit sign recognition does take a little while to calibrate itself and activate. Also, I think the traffic light chime only operates when you’re not using auto pilot, which it sounds like you were doing.

Reactions: 2101Guy
I just took my 2017 S75/FSD/HW3/MCU1 out for a spin with the newly updated 2020.36 software version. I have noted the following problems: 1. Speed limit signs are NOT recognized or shown on the dash; 2. Whereas the car stops behind traffic at a red light and starts up appropriately when the car in front moves, there is NO chime - it just behaves automatically. TIA

I think 1 is an MCU1 display limitation, but just speculation. For 2, it doesn't chime in Autopilot if you've stopped when it turns green - it just goes. The chime is to alert you, the driver, to do something. So it should, however, chime when a light is green and you are approaching it without a lead car, to let you know that you can tap the stalk to acknowledge the light and allow the car to proceed through it. And, of course, if you don't have autopilot on and are just sitting at the front of the line and the light turns.

Reactions: don123