Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.4.1 incoming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I've experienced the back and forth when passing a truck, but had no ping-ponging in the 16 hours of interstate driving I did a week ago.
I've had the same ping ponging when passing trucks as well - with the M3P+, you pop around that damn truck awfully fast, but upon initial overtake, I basically have to grip the wheel and take over to make it happen a little less dramatically. Probably the crash-avoidance algorithm fighting a bit with the road tracking routines ;-)

Hmmm, you reminded me of something similar that happened a few days ago during installation of 2020.4.1. There was no problem downloading, but when the MX went to install the update, it took about 45 minutes to get to 30% and then it stayed at that percentage with a "updating auto pilot" message for about 5 hours. Then it went to 60% and stayed at that percentage for another 6 hours with the message of "Updating Electronic Control Units" and then it finally finished installing.

So 11 hours for this installation which was a surprise. Yea, I'm sure there are many people getting it installed in under an hour, but it left me wondering why this was taking so long on my car when all of my previous updates (about 30 of them) generally would take anywhere from 40 to 50 minutes. I hope that was just a fluke.

I've had it stuck at 60% installed for a long time before, but nothing like that.

So maps now have more color which I haven’t seen mentioned. Also, did the charge taper change or the cars get slightly more efficient? I ask because a few weeks ago I tried planning a trip to visit my mom and then again tonight. It’s colder now so less efficient and two of the charge stops are 5 minutes shorter. Then I checked a trip to see my in-laws and normally it says we will arrive with 24% but tonight it says 28%. Again, colder than last I checked and car was at 90% charge each time I checked previously.

Is it just me?

photos are map before and after. More color is with 2020.4.1. Also you can see charge times being different. No idea why one photo is rotated. Both are right side up on my phone. Apologies.
18326741-63BE-486A-BC96-3DECC7084C84.jpeg 0137DE9A-B780-4958-BE99-51EF6E882647.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Pale_Rider
I haven't had ping ponging and still don't after upgrade. What it DID fix is voice commands, which haven't worked for almost 9 months (i just got a spinney wheel for some period of time before it just quit), and map re-drawing which has been awful for at least 6 months. That alone is worth the price of admission!

Tested 2020.4.1:

The Good! - AP now hands over smoother from the pedal. AP did not try and turn off left from the same point on the motorway it always tried to for some reason.

The No So Good - Voice commands like turn air conditioning off or up 2 degrees seems to get what I say and then do nothing.

Yes, Voice command problem with 2020.4.1 ... definitely. Even my former commands, like "Take me home" that I've been using for 5 years almost every day do Not work with this new software. I've even tried their examples, with no action taken. Ignores my old "Play ... ", Take me ... ", even "Bug report ... " all are ignored. Surely, this must be troubling others, too.

Ping-ponging greatly reduced! It was a little windy today, so I can't completely rate it, but AP doesn't look quite as drunk as the last few updates.

It seems about the same as 2019.36.2.3 for me, which is still considerably worse than a few weeks earlier, which, in turn, was still worse than at the end of the 8.x releases (though 1000x better at surviving exit ramps than the 8.x releases) — maybe slightly worse than .36, but if so, not dramatically so. But it definitely is no longer handling CA-17 without intervention. I'm averaging about 50% manual driving now, versus maybe 5% a few months back.

Here's hoping that the HW3 improvements will fix some of this... after I get the hardware, I mean. :)

I can't get voice commands to work with this release. I tried "It's cold" and "My butt is cold". Text spells out correct, but command not recognized.

MCU1 AP2.5.

Maybe I am wrong but I am not aware of that voice command ever being a recognized command. You can't just say anything you want. You have to use a pre-programmed command. Try saying "Set temperature to 70". That command works for me.