Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something I noticed when trying some voice commands is when I turn on the rear seat heaters it only turns on the bottom of the seats. I have the executive rear seats which have independent controls for the back and bottom cushions. Kinda hope future updates will turn them both on. Think it's a corner case since this setup was pretty uncommon.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
View attachment 505954 8

Pretty much unchanged on MS Raven. Little or no regen on cold-soaked 8 deg C. Could still get regen a little earlier I suppose, but hardly the step change we need.

It will be interesting to hear if supercharging rates have changed at lower temps.

Huh. Is that with scheduled departure? It was 19f out and 42f in my garage this AM and i had no regen limit dashes. Charging ended around 5:30 am and my departure is set for 7:15. Enough time for the battery to cool back down a bit, so i assumed the battery heater is now more active on 2020.4 to get ready for the set departure time. Before the update Id have similar restriction as you and the warning triangle even with a departure time set.

I havent noticed an improvement in getting regen back while driving if it is limited. Ride home from work was typical... half regen and it didnt get better.

Preconditioning probably isnt the right term in this case... thats what they call the battery heating when navigating to a supercharger, right? Im talking about the setting to get the cabin up to a set temp.

Also raven S, "2020"

Well I got my new 2020 Model S Raven this afternoon......originally schedule for Friday at 1300, but they have been calling 2 times a dat since Tuesday and I asked about today......they said yes....Come in at 1500.....We were there at 1445 and had to wait til nearly 1700 while being bounced from one guy to another.....However, the car was outside in the sun so it was very easy to inspect....it was absolutely perfect....just a little black smudge on front passenger seat.......Drove it home and found it to drive great....Had no issues with “Hold” mode and regeneration braking was as good as My wife’s model 3 before all the upgrades......

So, the question I have is this: should I upgrade from : 2019.35.105 8deb1d3 to 2020.4.1?.....thanks in advance for Amy suggestions.......

Just got 2020.4.1 on my MCU1 AP 2.5 S. First update since 40.2.1. looks like vector maps were removed, and they have changed the way traffic renders? Likely to improve MCU performance, but man... It's a step backwards.

Potentially prepping to update MCU 1 cars to FSD. Realized they taxed the old Tegras too much? Esp to be able to render more traffic related items on the IC for FSD? Just speculation.

Reactions: viper2ko
Just got 2020.4.1 on my MCU1 AP 2.5 S. First update since 40.2.1. looks like vector maps were removed, and they have changed the way traffic renders? Likely to improve MCU performance, but man... It's a step backwards.

Potentially prepping to update MCU 1 cars to FSD. Realized they taxed the old Tegras too much? Esp to be able to render more traffic related items on the IC for FSD? Just speculation.

IC and MCU are two different processors with MCU1. So rendering traffic items on IC shouldn't be related to MCU

IC and MCU are two different processors with MCU1. So rendering traffic items on IC shouldn't be related to MCU

You're absolutely right. Slipped my mind. Wonder if these MCU changes in any way manifest in IC changes that do, in fact, alter the experience there to free up processing power for the renders.

And here I was hoping we were just waiting for leases to expire and then I'd get MCU2 with my AP 3 upgrade. Wishful thinking. :)

So, the question I have is this: should I upgrade from : 2019.35.105 8deb1d3 to 2020.4.1?.....thanks in advance for Amy suggestions.......

iirc that was the version on my car when I collected it. Only drove it for a few days then updated. Then felt like regen profile changed for the worse and wished I hadn't rushed with updating.

I haven't felt there were any must-have changes that would have made it not worth holding off on update for a few weeks at least so I got used to exactly how regen behaved before making the choice.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok
Is that with scheduled departure?

No. Just sat outside all night no charging. Until I am set up to give battery temperature, this is the only definite state I can quote with some validity.

Having driven more with the update, I'm not convinced of any significant change. I thought at first that regen came back a little sooner, but then on long gradual decent I noticed regen limitting increasing while driving just as before.

After 2 hours charging at around 22mph regen limit had completely gone which did seem different from previously, but all rather subjective.

2020.4.1 started downloading on my 2017 S, but got stuck at 48%. I called support and they “fixed it” by pushing 2019.42.2.1 back on. Now they won’t try again with 2020.4.2.1. They of course claim that it isn’t released to my type of vehicle yet. So frustrating.

I’m in the same boat. I’m still on 2019.36.2.1 (I’m way behind) and my last update of 2019.40.x was pulled before I could download.

So today I was excited to get 2020.4.1 - got to 50% and then just disappeared. Now my 2019.36 is “up to date” #advancedtab

Luckily I have a very stable build for MCU1, but Tesla’s software updates/entire process baffles me.

My voice commands were nonexistent with first software for a few days, then started working some of the time and occasionally quite well.

Looks like could be same again, but at the moment the system appears to hear sound but does not have backend support to process.

Not sure where idea of this being MCU related came from. My comment was actually point out that all ages of vehicle seem to be experiencing problems, whatever the cause - as evidence against it relating to MCU.

I've seen several posts about USB devices causing certain failures during updates but so far I haven't seen that prior to installing updates all USB devices must be disconnected. That might be a good idea, but not part of my update routine at the moment.

Yesterday voice commands started working again with no rebooting or any changes by me. Felt exactly the same as previously where just after update, loads of users had issues, then it settled down. Nothing suggests to me that it isn't just backend server load causing problems.

I’m having this issue on my car where the text for text messages is behind the black circle. Is anyone else without autopilot having this problem? Thoughts on how to report to Tesla?

Attachments

• C77FDA5A-8F27-4568-8B91-66633FCE998F.jpeg
    C77FDA5A-8F27-4568-8B91-66633FCE998F.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Funny
Reactions: Droschke

disregard this. Vector maps aren't gone. But something is definitely funky with the maps. Traffic specifically, and the way it renders street names has changed as well. At least it appears so to me. it reminds me of the previous maps version in a lot of ways. Can't quite put my finger on it.

disregard this. Vector maps aren't gone. But something is definitely funky with the maps. Traffic specifically, and the way it renders street names has changed as well. At least it appears so to me. it reminds me of the previous maps version in a lot of ways. Can't quite put my finger on it.

v9 crippled the MCU1 by changing the way maps are rendered. That’s the reason why enabling satellite maps and disabling traffic improves overall responsiveness.

If they reverted it, that’s good news.