Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did a quick search and didn't find where Tesla states that. I did find these pages:
Introducing Navigate on Autopilot
Introducing a More Seamless Navigate on Autopilot

Look at the language used in those write ups: "driver is responsible for", "driver supervision", "driver should always be attentive", "provide drivers with the opportunity to check their surroundings". There is a ton of language stating that the driver must remain attentive and in control, and must watch what the car is doing. No problem there.

Nowhere in those write-ups is any language describing that the driver must take control or intervene in the course of normal operation. The implication is that the driver must intervene or take control if NoA does something wrong and must do so quickly. Well, OK, that's a fair write-up, it's still a level 2 system. But the fact that I have to intervene and take control so often means that NoA is doing multiple things wrong, and doing them way too often. That was not the intent of this software. The intent was to make it NOT do something wrong except very rarely.

If you don't agree with this, then how often, in your opinion, it is acceptable for NoA to do something wrong? When I paid $4K per vehicle for this software, what error rate was I buying? 1 error per 30 minutes? 1 error per 10 minutes? State the number you think I'm entitled to. Then state where Tesla stated the guaranteed error rate value. (Rhetorical: They didn't).

F01F6D08-107D-48BB-856A-12A428573D95.jpeg
Today on my daily walk, I realized how beyond thankful I am for all I have. I have a brand new Tesla, my health, and do not have to worry about anything in my life.

Unlike the millions across the world who are experiencing an extra stressful and difficult year. Thanks to Elon and every Tesla employee for all you’ve done and are doing to make our future more sustainable and fun. I have ZERO complaints about my Tesla and ZERO complaints about the amazing software, period!

View attachment 621307 Today on my daily walk, I realized how beyond thankful I am for all I have. I have a brand new Tesla, my health, and do not have to worry about anything in my life.

Unlike the millions across the world who are experiencing an extra stressful and difficult year. Thanks to Elon and every Tesla employee for all you’ve done and are doing to make our future more sustainable and fun. I have ZERO complaints about my Tesla and ZERO complaints about the amazing software, period!

I am glad you're very thankful and happy -- that it a great accomplishment and a great place to be.

For the most part, I am as well. Don't take my posts here to reflect who I am as a person. I am far more than this one issue. But I am also serious about this one issue. I feel very cheated by Tesla on this, and want it remedied. Especially since this is the 2nd time, not the 1st time. I had an AP1 Model S that never reached what was promised either.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to you and everyone.

... I feel very cheated by Tesla on this, and want it remedied. Especially since this is the 2nd time, not the 1st time. ...
A deal was made. If the other party didn't live up to their part of the bargain then you are entitled to remediation. Although for lawyers to agree there will need to be proof. Although your earlier post about the language of the feature and your interpretation is interesting, I think it falls short of proof.

A deal was made. If the other party didn't live up to their part of the bargain then you are entitled to remediation. Although for lawyers to agree there will need to be proof. Although your earlier post about the language of the feature and your interpretation is interesting, I think it falls short of proof.

You're probably correct, thus my frustration. It also cements my hesitancy/refusal to purchase FSD on my next Tesla (I will probably be trading in one of the Model 3's for a Model X sometime next year).

I'm just tired of the unfulfilled future promises. If what Tesla is selling deserves to be called "Full Self Driving", then why does the vehicle still have a steering wheel? It's because it actually can't do it yet. Well, then I'm not buying it yet.

Reactions: DanCar
This was the first update that had me searching for how to downgrade.

I have a 2020 SR, no Autopilot, no FSD, and the only thing this update gave me that has a direct impact on my day-to-day use of the car is a shrunken map display (my favorite feature of the screen) and a shrunken speedometer (arguably the single most important piece of information to display in a moving vehicle) replaced by awkward, pixelated 3D renders of my car that look worse than the previous simplified rendering showing all six lanes of the freeway. Hell, all the vehicle indicators moved to the left, except the right turn signal, which now flashes in the middle of the display completely outside my peripheral vision. Just a massive step backward in UI development, minimizing the features that drivers actually need to see.

I have no use for a boombox, and maybe I'm just a grumpy millenial, but I'm actively embarrassed to drive a car that features more than one way to play a fart sound. Really disappointing all around.

I have a 2020 SR, no Autopilot, no FSD, and the only thing this update gave me that has a direct impact on my day-to-day use of the car is a shrunken map display (my favorite feature of the screen) and a shrunken speedometer (arguably the single most important piece of information to display in a moving vehicle) replaced by awkward, pixelated 3D renders of my car that look worse than the previous simplified rendering showing all six lanes of the freeway. Hell, all the vehicle indicators moved to the left, except the right turn signal, which now flashes in the middle of the display completely outside my peripheral vision. Just a massive step backward in UI development, minimizing the features that drivers actually need to see.

I have no use for a boombox, and maybe I'm just a grumpy millenial, but I'm actively embarrassed to drive a car that features more than one way to play a fart sound. Really disappointing all around.

This. I'm rather disappointed with this update from a UI perspective. With all the personal tweaks and preferences for these cars, I'm starting to wonder if Tesla can implement a customizable home screen (or at least a few pre-defined options). Like you, I liked the larger map. I don't need a gigantic rendering of the car I'm driving. And I understand I'm the minority in this, but my family uses Caraoke on almost every trip. I hoped they would make the words larger for my kids...and Tesla made them smaller.

My 2021 Y downloaded 2020.48.26 last night. Now I can no longer set a scheduled start time for charging. It only allows me to set departure time now. The scheduled start time on/off switch is greyed out. Any suggestions?
You have to disable scheduled departure time first. Under scheduled departure time, you can now select when cheap electric rates end. So just set it to 2345 And your car will finish charging and pre-conditioning at scheduled departure time. (Pre-update it would finish charging at 0600.)

I am glad you're very thankful and happy -- that it a great accomplishment and a great place to be.

For the most part, I am as well. Don't take my posts here to reflect who I am as a person. I am far more than this one issue. But I am also serious about this one issue. I feel very cheated by Tesla on this, and want it remedied. Especially since this is the 2nd time, not the 1st time. I had an AP1 Model S that never reached what was promised either.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year to you and everyone.

THat sums it up for me as well, except I was too poor to be a customer in the AP1 days.

FSD was a ripoff, and I'm pretty much of the belief now that a class action suit is the only way most of us who bought it early on are ever going to see any sort of compensation for being lied to, but even that's not worth it because only the lawyers win and all we'd see out of it would be a cheque for $38.10.

Maybe Tesla will do the right thing and offer a free transfer if we buy a new car since we're never going to see FSD come to fruition on our current cars unless we want to keep them until they're old and torn up. On a note of similar probability, maybe Gal Gadot will come over and ask to join me in the shower later.

THat sums it up for me as well, except I was too poor to be a customer in the AP1 days.

FSD was a ripoff, and I'm pretty much of the belief now that a class action suit is the only way most of us who bought it early on are ever going to see any sort of compensation for being lied to, but even that's not worth it because only the lawyers win and all we'd see out of it would be a cheque for $38.10.

Maybe Tesla will do the right thing and offer a free transfer if we buy a new car since we're never going to see FSD come to fruition on our current cars unless we want to keep them until they're old and torn up. On a note of similar probability, maybe Gal Gadot will come over and ask to join me in the shower later.
I ordered the FSD upgrade from EAP during the fiasco in Feb/Mar of last year. I gave up on waiting and disputed the charge with Discover. Tesla fought it and lost. I got my money back.

I agree. I notice myself looking for longer at the instrument cluster now (Model S) since I can no longer read the autopilot set speed easily and the actual speed is harder to see for the peripheral as well. Seems like there is lots of blank space now.

Disappointed in this release. A big lump of coal.
  • The items I use all the time, like navigation, radio / entertainment, phone controls - have all moved farther away from the driver
  • The navigation map is smaller. I really like the large map display, and my friends all commented about what a great map it is. Now it's underwhelming
  • The search box and nav waypoints tend to hide some of the upcoming side roads and turn info on the smaller map screen. I have less situational awareness for navigation
  • There's a lot of useless blank space right next to the driver with the larger visualization area. It mostly shows empty lanes next to me.
  • When driving, the rear ultrasonic sensors tend to go off for curbs, piled up snow, etc. This version has larger yellow caution arcs where the sensor detects something. Very strange to see that when driving down a freeway, and distracting.
It took a while to adjust to driving a car with all the display in the center. I adjusted to that after a few days. This moved the most used parts of the the display to the passenger side. That's...

I have a M3, but if I had an S/X I would be livid over the instrument display with smaller font sizes.

I wish I could downgrade, and I definitely regret applying this update.