Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY turn back DC charge after tesla blocked it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi to all,
I bought salvaged tesla model s 2016 sw 2020.48 v10.2. Repaired it and using it all time - awesome family car. I used chademo with no problem, but after getting car online tesla remotely swithed off DC charging. Now car is offline, can I change it to DC charge again? I have PC and fakra cable and can connect to CID from under IC connection no problem. I installed git bash to look a bit into network, all went fine. Now as I understand I need open diag port to downdolad and change internal.dat file? or do someting else? please help if someone can. I can make donation if needed.

Main reason for Tesla to block a salvage car is the risk of unsafe incidents mostly fire. Even if you know everything about your car, and all the things we know about EVs, there is still a chance that a salvage car and whatever reason to it to become salvage, has safety risk specially during fast charging.
It is understandable that the car got salvage for a minor body work but the insurance didn't want to pay. But Tesla can't take the risk.
Tesla should offer inspection program for salvage cars to certify full functionality.

Tesla should offer inspection program for salvage cars to certify full functionality.
They do.

@remyygaa So that's the official path. Tesla service centers have somewhat expensive testing procedures that can get salvaged cars certified again, but I don't know anything about unofficially modifying your car for getting around that block.

How much do they charge?
They've changed the prices a time or two, but this was posted on Sept 29, 2023, just a few months ago of someone getting the inspections done that re-enabled Supercharging on their Model X.

"Hey guys,
Got my Tesla X today.
Supercharger enabled.
Tesla changed their prices for Tesla X inspection.
So there was some prices adjustments.
Here are my total expenses.
Salvage Title High voltage inspection $597.31
Fast charging safety inspection $341.25."

Hi to all,
I bought salvaged tesla model s 2016 sw 2020.48 v10.2. Repaired it and using it all time - awesome family car. I used chademo with no problem, but after getting car online tesla remotely swithed off DC charging. Now car is offline, can I change it to DC charge again? I have PC and fakra cable and can connect to CID from under IC connection no problem. I installed git bash to look a bit into network, all went fine. Now as I understand I need open diag port to downdolad and change internal.dat file? or do someting else? please help if someone can. I can make donation if needed.
I'm surprised u found a car with such old software on it...
Its much easier to root/hack on older versions, i don't know anything about it
I use LayZ for all hacking needs, DM him n he can enable SC for u if u don't want to go official route...

I'm surprised u found a car with such old software on it...
Its much easier to root/hack on older versions, i don't know anything about it
I use LayZ for all hacking needs, DM him n he can enable SC for u if u don't want to go official route...
Hi, thx for reply. I am from Europe, Lithuania. We don't have tesla service station in Lithuania. My car had only minor body work and all worked good until I connected to internet... yes software is v10.2 and i don't update it, because i know there many bugs in newer software. How can I make contact with LayZ? can we help me remotely?

Hi, thx for reply. I am from Europe, Lithuania. We don't have tesla service station in Lithuania. My car had only minor body work and all worked good until I connected to internet... yes software is v10.2 and i don't update it, because i know there many bugs in newer software. How can I make contact with LayZ? can we help me remotely?
U need few more posts and u will get a DM option on here. Just use that to directly message LayZ
Yes he can remotely unlock it on any MCU1 software.
You will need a fakra cable and linux laptop

Reactions: remyygaa
.Hi, thx. I have instaled toolbox 2.1 offline, and using script put MCU to factory mode. but MCU diag port does not work with ip 192.186.90.125. MCU is removed from car and MCU started on workdesk. do i need to run some script to put MCU to ingintion?
.U need few more posts and .u will get a DM option on here. Just use that to directly message LayZ
Yes he can remotely unlock it on any MCU1 software.
You will need a fakra cable and linux lapto

btw I managed to search info - when tesla blocks DC charge (chademo), they changes gateway internal configuration file line otherfastcharge to 0, You just can't change it to 1(enable) using gwxfer - it's locked, can change region and some other things but not charging... Tesla needs root... Root is long process You can't do it easy, need linux skills...

btw I managed to search info - when tesla blocks DC charge (chademo), they changes gateway internal configuration file line otherfastcharge to 0, You just can't change it to 1(enable) using gwxfer - it's locked, can change region and some other things but not charging... Tesla needs root... Root is long process You can't do it easy, need linux skills...
I have hear private programmer here, he make changes from ubuntu gwxfer enabled chademo and set otherfastcharge to 1, now i have in software ccs: enabled, but i didn't tested yet, my chargind port door didn't working good and loose some time to repair it. How you think will it now work or not? Fast charger is for a long way from me

Also i have problem like this, for my us car i bought ccs retrofit (ehat car need) from official tesla and received this, please see pictures. This make problem to home charger (original) T eas blinking 6 times (pilot foult) than i replaced wires and home charger start work good, why tesla make this mistake? I have seen other cable and ecu with same part numbers, sended from other eu country and same mistake

Attachments

• 20240105_224636.jpg
    20240105_224636.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240105_224619.jpg
    20240105_224619.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 26