Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• C29F6E65-B824-48D5-B5FB-6FB81FBDD390.jpeg
    C29F6E65-B824-48D5-B5FB-6FB81FBDD390.jpeg
    343.9 KB · Views: 97
I have driven 2020.48.26 a little and think that lateral lane positioning has changed slightly. It seems to me that on narrow roads it hugs the centerline a tad less closely. It also steers more gently, meaning that, if it finds itself a bit too far away from the centerline, it does not instantly veer back. Instead it takes its time and gradually takes the car back to its normal lateral position over the course of some 50 m. Same inversely, if it finds itself a bit too close to the centerline.

It also seems to me that automatic braking for obstacles is more gentle and less frightening. I find both changes pleasant.

But the changes are so subtle that I could be imagining them. Try for yourself and confirm or deny, please.

I keep forgetting that there are Teslas all over the world and their drivers frequent this site. I'll be more specific from now on. ;-)
No, you're fine I was just being a jerk, the one thing that I do really well. One can tell from the writing if English is a 2d language - even we to the Brits and they to us :)

I do much enjoy my car but not being able to work much leaves me with nothing to do but be a pest on forums - sorry

I'm an idiot. I installed the update without reading properly and now the screen reboots every few mins

What didn't you read properly? I haven't seen anything posted about it being bad (other than the build hash :D)

Mine also updated to 48.30 and while I haven't seen the reboots (but also haven't been driving), I did lose about 5% charge overnight despite the temperatures outside warming up. The garage is also at ~ 53F, which I wouldn't expect to drop the charge.

Installed 30.bad and now my car wants to stop at every crosswalk. Haven’t driven for a few versions so that could be from a prior update. Still breaks too hard for cars turning in front in my opinion. I don’t mind the UI in the MY at least. Charged to 100 and only got 316 I thought it was supposed to be more.

Installed 30.bad and now my car wants to stop at every crosswalk. Haven’t driven for a few versions so that could be from a prior update. Still breaks too hard for cars turning in front in my opinion. I don’t mind the UI in the MY at least. Charged to 100 and only got 316 I thought it was supposed to be more.

You should read up on these threads, they apply to both the 3 & Y, Model 3: Battery & Charging

Also, you should post up what model/year/FSD or not that you have along with the issue. Just saying it stops at crosswalks doesn't help much. As to charging, try to remember that charging to 100% is usually reserved for a road trip and not recommended daily. The EPA number for whatever model/trim level you have is just that, a number that especially in the winter is hard to obtain.

You should read up on these threads, they apply to both the 3 & Y, Model 3: Battery & Charging

Also, you should post up what model/year/FSD or not that you have along with the issue. Just saying it stops at crosswalks doesn't help much. As to charging, try to remember that charging to 100% is usually reserved for a road trip and not recommended daily. The EPA number for whatever model/trim level you have is just that, a number that especially in the winter is hard to obtain.
2020 model Y long range awd FSD. There are conflicting opinions for certain on charging to 100 but this is the first time I’ve ever done it and it was for a trip but also it’s been said to charge to 100 every so often to calibrate the battery. But I don’t know. I’ve also heard not charging to 100 can be the reason I only get 316 or maybe because it’s cold I don’t know but I thought I’d get more it’s a May 2020 build serial 6xxx. Not complaining, just posting my experience.