Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 model year Model 3 discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Historically Tesla hasn't done model years the same way the rest of the industry does. the 10th character in the VIN determines the year if it is L then it is a 2020 model regardless of what the delivery folks are saying.
Thanks so much for that info. This is my first post; I just joined TMC! I've ordered and paid for a red Model 3; VIN is as you said. 10th character is L. very cool info. I'm so excited to get my new car next week.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I got my Model 3 standard plus Sept. 13 and am loving it. Best car ever and that's after owning a lot of cool cars including a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Rolls, Audi A8, Mercedes S500, Corvettes, etc. I'm retired now and my usual travel is local, thus this model will be just fine. But wife and I realized that her Ford Fusion Hybrid did not have the luggage space we needed to drive from VA to MI and back picking up her mother in law. So the Tesla was driven there back and forth and I must say even though I was a bit nervous never having done the long distance daisy chaining of Superchargers everything went flawless...almost...until the last 40 miles coming back I must have been a bit too heavy on the pedal or miscalculated but I got warnings to reduce my speed to below 60mph on I66 70 mph limit. I arrived home with 1% of charge and hope I didn't cause any damage...but it charged up to 90% the next day just fine. Again, best car I've ever owned. It's a damn space ship!

Attachments

• m3_bar_code_1200.jpg
    m3_bar_code_1200.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Mark57