Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2020 MY - Vehicle Standby Battery Drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. My Sentry mode is off. What else could be causing the 4% drain in ~12 hours?
Be sure to turn off Smart Summon if equipped with Full Self Driving. Also, the seat sensor in driver's seat could be bad; Climate Control could remain on for I believe ~2 hours after you park, exit the vehicle. 2% battery drain per hour for CC would not be unusual.

I am having the SAME issue. 2020 Model Y. 56k miles. This happened last week. I parked my car with valet in NYC garage. Car was in valet mode on Wednesday afternoon arrived at 47%, I got the car back Saturday am with 24%. Sentry / Summon Cabin overhear were all OFF. My car had 53 attempts over those days via the TeslFi app to go to sleep.

I did have the Tesla Widget on my iPhone home screen and deleted it thinking it couldn’t been an issue. I also reset my Tesla password and deleted the TeslaFi connection after noticing this, BUT I am still having battery drain. I also noticed a few days ago my FSD green light chime / visualization is missing too. I tried putting the car to sleep / scroll wheel reset no luck to get the displays to come back.

Someone on another local FB group said its a sign of a 12v battery failing, car is waking up and using the high-voltage battery to charge it over and over possibly? How old is everyones battery??? I have a service appt to replace the 12v battery since it's been 3 years and 56k miles.

I am having the SAME issue. 2020 Model Y. 56k miles. This happened last week. I parked my car with valet in NYC garage. Car was in valet mode on Wednesday afternoon arrived at 47%, I got the car back Saturday am with 24%. Sentry / Summon Cabin overhear were all OFF. My car had 53 attempts over those days via the TeslFi app to go to sleep.

I did have the Tesla Widget on my iPhone home screen and deleted it thinking it couldn’t been an issue. I also reset my Tesla password and deleted the TeslaFi connection after noticing this, BUT I am still having battery drain. I also noticed a few days ago my FSD green light chime / visualization is missing too. I tried putting the car to sleep / scroll wheel reset no luck to get the displays to come back.

Someone on another local FB group said its a sign of a 12v battery failing, car is waking up and using the high-voltage battery to charge it over and over possibly? How old is everyones battery??? I have a service appt to replace the 12v battery since it's been 3 years and 56k miles.
Reports here average between 18 months and 30 months, for those that had failures. I'm sure there are others that have lasted longer, but seriously, it's a cheap battery, replacing proactively at 2 years might be best.

If you haven't done so, replace the 12V battery ASAP. That would be the quickest, cheapest ($80-120) possible solution, before trying anything else.

12V batteries are cheap. Most service centers replace them on the spot, just drive to your SC and ask. Takes about 15-30 minutes, max.

Reactions: evermore