Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid - Vehicle standby drain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it normal after driving for 20 min (nothing crazy; avg 280 wh/mi) at 70F that my vehicle standby drains like 0,5% of battery within 1-2 hours of being parked? Some days it uses 3-5%. Im not sure what is causing it, sometimes i can hear fan slowly spinning after walking next to it. On my energy app only "Vehicle standby" is showing drain and recommending to keep car plugged in whenever I can.

Not using mobile app
No Third party apps
Cabin overheat: off
Summon standby: off
Sentry: off
Wifi: off
SoC: 40-75%
HVAC: Auto

One thing that may be happening that you have no control over is if a software update download is in progress. That requires the CPU to be active and takes about 200-300W/h until the download is complete. About the same power as using Sentry mode. If the connection is slow, it may take longer to download. Once the download is complete it should turn off the drain. Everything else you've done should minimize the drain.

If u hear fans running? It's cooling your pack, in normal times. Mine cut on often. Only for short time.
It was bit weird considering temperatures. Still, I think problem was aftermarket external 1 TB SSD for Steam that was causing car to stay awake much longer then normal. Once i swapped it with OEM USB drive, vehicle standby drain returned to normal. (It could be complete coincidence tho, but after draining 3-4% daily for weeks its now back within 0.5-1% range)