Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.11.x Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I haven’t been a fan of auto high beams either on this version or previous versions on my old 3. I turn them off as soon as they come on, which is usually on a dark freeway with plenty of oncoming cars as well as other cars close enough where I personally wouldn’t ever be using high beams. I haven’t tested this car in “ideal” conditions (aka where I’d be tempted to use high beams manually) but on older versions in my old 3 inevitably they would start toggling off/on as soon as random road signs reflected light back into the cameras.

Also unrelated note, but I keep getting errors about the right-side pillar camera being blinded after a long enough stretch of road where the right-hand side of the road is dark (no lights/illumination). Comes right back once I pass enough lit objects/road where it can see something.
Tbf, both my old Prius and my VW would flash the high beams on and off when it would detect the reflections off the road signs.

The Model 3 just doesn't seem to recognize cars that I could be blinding by keeping the high beams on. For now, i've been driving with the auto high beams off more than on. Hopefully the next update fixes some things.

He does have a Model S, from looking at the other thread and him, a lot of the software upgrades seem to be going to the model S. Not sure if that is just a coincidence or not though. I haven't seen anyone with a model 3 or Y that was upgraded from 11.102 to 32.X

Were you on 2021.11.102, how long have you had your car, and how many miles do you have on it?

Just curious if you hit a break-in point...
Yes, new Model S. Car was delivered on 9/3 with 2021.11.102, but I drove it directly to my detailer to get PPF, tints, and ceramic coating done. Car was home on 9/10 where it was connected to wifi. I took a few small trips over the weekend, and got the notification to have the firmware updated yesterday on 9/13. It is currently sitting at 110 miles.

Model y performance, delivered on 9/12 and on 2021.11.102 just as everyone else with a y seems to be on here. Which is sad lol. I was excited for disney+. Its really probably just parts changes thats causing all this. I haven’t noticed any speed limiting on autopilot though, seems to go back to as high as i set it everytime. I’ve been keeping it on wifi for the past day now, hoping just hoping for something. I hope it skips 11.102.2 lol that looks like a useless update to the guy who has that, no offence.

I had a model Y PUP FSD (first 1,500 cars), and Tesla just bought it back. I ended ordering another MYP and running the same firmware 11.102. My assumption is, since Tesla dropped Lidar on the new models, and uses cameras only, the cycle of releases will change. My new MYP was delivered by the end of August, and currently with 500 miles on it.

I had a model Y PUP FSD (first 1,500 cars), and Tesla just bought it back. I ended ordering another MYP and running the same firmware 11.102. My assumption is, since Tesla dropped Lidar on the new models, and uses cameras only, the cycle of releases will change. My new MYP was delivered by the end of August, and currently with 500 miles on it.
My guess is that the 2021.11.102 is a part of the alternative chips that they used because of the chip shortage. I think that branched the 2021.11 software when they started coding for these chips. They just haven't released a version that has all the changes that have been implemented since then.

Reactions: CapinWinky and JK20
I'd settle for that than the random windshield wiper's coming on full-tilt and squeaking on a completely dry windshield.
Haven’t had that happen to me yet.
But the auto wipers suck too.

There’s been instances where I know the auto wipers in my VW would’ve already started wiping when the Tesla hasn’t. Plus the Tesla is annoyingly more aggressive with the auto wiper speeds and isn’t adjustable.

There is one guy on here that claims he went from .11.102.2 to .32.10 last week. However, when someone asked for a pic of the revision notes he created an entire story about how he couldn't and got into a drawn-out back and forth saying to "take my word for it" multiple times. In my experience, if someone asks you to trust them once, you can probably just take their word for it, but if they ask if you trust them multiple times, you should not trust them.

I put the probability that they are telling the truth at maybe 60% because there is nothing gained by not telling the truth, but they are acting suspicious as hell.

There is one guy on here that claims he went from .11.102.2 to .32.10 last week. However, when someone asked for a pic of the revision notes he created an entire story about how he couldn't and got into a drawn-out back and forth saying to "take my word for it" multiple times. In my experience, if someone asks you to trust them once, you can probably just take their word for it, but if they ask if you trust them multiple times, you should not trust them.

I put the probability that they are telling the truth at maybe 60% because there is nothing gained by not telling the truth, but they are acting suspicious as hell.
It looks like a couple of Model S without FSD were upgrade from 2021.11.102 to 2021.32.10 according to Teslascope.