Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.32.10 bug?

PWlakewood

Jan 9, 2019
US
I just did the 2021.32.20.1 update today during lunch and the tickarks are still gone.
I didn't really use them and it looks cleaner. As long as they keep the bar that moves with the throttle I'm fine.
It sure seems like this was on purpose but people automatically say that it must be a bug because no one told them about it. I personally like the cleaner look of no numbers.

Reactions: WhiteWi

PWlakewood

Jan 9, 2019
US
How do we know it's not accurate? We use the data the car provide for trip info and overall efficiency. Not sure why the real-time display would be less accurate. If you guys have info on this, please share. Thanks.
Please share the data you have that shows it’s accurate

Anth89

Mar 12, 2021
Riedisheim, France
I have a 100D from 2017 with Enhanced Autopilot. Upgraded to MCU2 in July and now with 2021.32.10.

I have totally lost the autopark function, it is now never proposed (even when the park place is obvious). When I had the MCU1 this was still (more or less) working properly. Do some of you had any similar experience ?

I fully support the comment of TessP100D. I bought a car with lots of features, but I am disappointed to see that most of them are in beta, not functioning properly, or disappearing after some time. Autopark, pre-conditioning, phantom brakes, MCU freezes (while driving!). When one is improved by an update one other is starting to dysfunction.

I really like the Model S, it's practical and nice to drive, it's electric and it has a range no other used car on the market can reach. But my today's experience is that I could easily get rid of most of the tech.

PWlakewood

Jan 9, 2019
US
I have a 100D from 2017 with Enhanced Autopilot. Upgraded to MCU2 in July and now with 2021.32.10.

I have totally lost the autopark function, it is now never proposed (even when the park place is obvious). When I had the MCU1 this was still (more or less) working properly. Do some of you had any similar experience ?

I fully support the comment of TessP100D. I bought a car with lots of features, but I am disappointed to see that most of them are in beta, not functioning properly, or disappearing after some time. Autopark, pre-conditioning, phantom brakes, MCU freezes (while driving!). When one is improved by an update one other is starting to dysfunction.

I really like the Model S, it's practical and nice to drive, it's electric and it has a range no other used car on the market can reach. But my today's experience is that I could easily get rid of most of the tech.
ymmv

We have MCU 2 in both of ours and have not experienced any of the issues you mentioned. MCU 1 would freeze or reboot randomly but not MCU 2. Never had phantom braking on either one. As far as pre-conditioning goes well we dont need/use this feature unless enroute to a supercharger and it seems to work fine when its needed. Autopark = never used so I cant speak to this.

jfe_md

Oct 14, 2014
Roanoke, Virginia
The numbers on the energy graph disappeared on our 2019 S and 2020 X after updating to 32.10 and did not return after update to 32.21 this morning. The latest update improved immersive sound features.

Reactions: Art VandeIay

hybridbear

Oct 6, 2015
Minneapolis
Please share the data you have that shows it’s accurate
They were very accurate from what I could tell. I tested yesterday since I figured it would be our last day with them before the FSD button update that we installed earlier today. Both on the power & the regen side the tick marks seemed to be very accurate comparing SMT kW reported & the dash display.

PWlakewood

Jan 9, 2019
US
You still can. Keep orange bar small and green bar big. Same results as before.
Exactly. I still don’t understand the need/want to see the numbers displayed. I can’t imagine staring at the display to make sure I’m pressing the go pedal too much or too little.

hybridbear

Oct 6, 2015
Minneapolis
Exactly. I still don’t understand the need/want to see the numbers displayed. I can’t imagine staring at the display to make sure I’m pressing the go pedal too much or too little.
I look regularly at the display for a split second while driving to have a better idea of how much I’m accelerating or braking than just feel from the motion.

PWlakewood

Jan 9, 2019
US
I look regularly at the display for a split second while driving to have a better idea of how much I’m accelerating or braking than just feel from the motion.
do you also take into account if you are driving up/down a hill as this will have an impact on the number you are seeing?

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
But why remove something that many use when it's working?
I use(d) it quite a lot out of interest: it gives me a quiet frizz to see what the recovered energy is!

AustinP

Apr 6, 2015
Belgium
ymmv

We have MCU 2 in both of ours and have not experienced any of the issues you mentioned. MCU 1 would freeze or reboot randomly but not MCU 2. Never had phantom braking on either one. As far as pre-conditioning goes well we dont need/use this feature unless enroute to a supercharger and it seems to work fine when its needed. Autopark = never used so I cant speak to this.
From you signature, I guess both your cars are AP1 (like mine).
I'd argue AP1 is probably less demanding of MCU resources, and for sure, Sentry & other features for AP2/AP3/FSD cars are putting additional load on MCU.
Hence, not surprised there are more issues related to MCU for car with AP2 and above. imho

Feb 26, 2016
California
Personally I do not like that it was informational feedback that was not in the way or hurting anything that was removed for im assuming aesthetics.
I have a P model and the battery temperature no longer shows numbers when Ludicrous+ is activated either. That I think bothers me the most.

• Informative
Reactions: hybridbear

Huachipato

Jul 16, 2019
Murphy, TX
Looks like 2021.36 fixes the issue. Got it yesterday and noticed this change this morning.
1633613917180.png

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC