Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.32.22 - No FSD Beta button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not getting the FSD Beta button on my 2021 Model 3 w/FSD package after receiving the 2021.32.22 update. Initially after updating, the release notes said only that there were bug fixes, and various Autopilot features were disabled with a note that they are not available in my region (I’m in the Chicago suburbs). They had worked fine before the update. I drove around a bit and the Autopilot features came back, but still no FSD beta button. I did a power off under Safety and Security, and now the release notes describe the FSD beta button, but it still does not appear in the Autopilot menu. I scheduled service but the first available date is a week out.

Anyone have any ideas? Thx

I am not getting the FSD Beta button on my 2021 Model 3 w/FSD package after receiving the 2021.32.22 update. Initially after updating, the release notes said only that there were bug fixes, and various Autopilot features were disabled with a note that they are not available in my region (I’m in the Chicago suburbs). They had worked fine before the update. I drove around a bit and the Autopilot features came back, but still no FSD beta button. I did a power off under Safety and Security, and now the release notes describe the FSD beta button, but it still does not appear in the Autopilot menu. I scheduled service but the first available date is a week out.

I never got the beta FSD offer -button (9/24/21 roll out) -no driver test option, in Sept the Tesla article & service person said everyone w/paid FSD would get offer, they said I will get it once my old software (.103) updates, now I got the wrong update .36, service said .36 isnt eligible for beta Fsd offer said my 70K w/10k Fsd tesla isnt compatible w/offer -Im soo upset - they

I never got the beta FSD offer -button (9/24/21 roll out) -no driver test option, in Sept the Tesla article & service person said everyone w/paid FSD would get offer, they said I will get it once my old software (.103) updates, now I got the wrong update .36, service said .36 isnt eligible for beta Fsd offer said my 70K w/10k Fsd tesla isnt compatible w/offer - what did the 10K pay for was my car misconfigured -Tesla lies - I prob got a lemon car - they put nonstandard chips/parts/battery in it -the 10K FSD was a scam

Upvote 0
Now that you know you have MCU1, I am 99% certain that you’ll not get the FSD button until you update your MCU to version 2. I think the MCU is what powers the instrument cluster too

Have a look here if you’re interested on upgrading the Media Control Unit to version 2 Infotainment Upgrade

MCU 2 will give the following features:
1 - Backup camera will be available in Sentry mode/ DashCam
2 - Theater (Netflix and others)
3 - Karaoke
4 - DAB Radio Text
5 - Gaming controller support

Edit to add:
You can also check to see if your vehicle is part of the MCU1 recall here Tesla Service
i got a M3LR21 w10K FSD - the service are saying my car has wrong softare for beta FSD offer (driver test) its misconfigured figured - Tesla gave me a dunce -lemon car -poor battery (only 240ML) & now its not compatible-configured correctly for the beta FSD - Im beyond upset -how can they give a complete lemon ?

Upvote 0
I never got the beta FSD offer -button (9/24/21 roll out) -no driver test option, in Sept the Tesla article & service person said everyone w/paid FSD would get offer, they said I will get it once my old software (.103) updates, now I got the wrong update .36, service said .36 isnt eligible for beta Fsd offer said my 70K w/10k Fsd tesla isnt compatible I am soo upset -Tesla lies - so my 10K new
Besides that the FSD is missing, the browser is dead on my 2017 for the same reason. It is very frustrating, the techs at tesla also bump those tickets right away. This is a true scam. I bought this car used this year and the rep assured me that it has everything ready for latest FSD. I would sign up for any class action just to make sure people who buy these cars know they can truly be lied to. It is one thing to miss on future promises but another to sell the car without stock features working. I have lots of T stock and pre-orders with Tesla, very disappointed. Not to mention their 145 pt inspection was a sham too. I had it in the shop at least 8 times since I bought it.

Upvote 0