Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question regarding the new recorder icon on the 36.5.3

How does one know if it works or not?

While using FSD today, the car made a very strange move that I had to take over. So, I touch the recorder hoping to send the data to the experts and the recorder did nothing to indicate that it was pushed????????????? It was like the icon wasn't a button but a picture and nothing else.

Anyone have a thought?
It says the clip was sent with a green icon. Right above the car in the fsd visuals.

There’s been time my press didn’t register, seems to happen when too much is going on (beeps, disengagement, etc). Try pushing it a few seconds later when things are clear.

It says the clip was sent with a green icon. Right above the car in the fsd visuals.

There’s been time my press didn’t register, seems to happen when too much is going on (beeps, disengagement, etc). Try pushing it a few seconds later when things are clear.
Thanks for the info. If I need to send again, I do as you mentioned. I might have been trying too fast.

So, 36.5.3 Redownloaded for me to go bit by bit over the previous corrupt 36.5.3 and I just took the car for a stroll and all is back well... Ok, at least as good as 10.3 is. :oops:
how did you redownload the software? I am having an issue where I cannot turn FSD or regular AP on ('Cruise Control Unavailable' message), and the visualization screen does not show any of the cars around me (but does show things like signs, cones and traffic lights correctly). I have put the car to sleep but unfortunately this did not fix the issue so I think I might need a software reinstall as well.

how did you redownload the software? I am having an issue where I cannot turn FSD or regular AP on ('Cruise Control Unavailable' message), and the visualization screen does not show any of the cars around me (but does show things like signs, cones and traffic lights correctly). I have put the car to sleep but unfortunately this did not fix the issue so I think I might need a software reinstall as well.

It should get the update automatically. Are you connected to WiFi?