Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.5.2 installed. Car wants to downgrade…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran into some serious issues with 2021.36.5.2 on the freeway this afternoon.

With autopilot disabled i constantly got forward collision warnings for no reason, to the point where i turned collision warning of. But worst of all, the car (with autopilot disabled) initiated a full on emergency braking (far more severe than the usual phantom breaks), again for no reason. Luckily i did not get rear ended.

Tesla needs to get this software removed asap.

Glitches while in FSD are one thing and to be expected. That’s why there is a need to be vigilant. Serious interference with normal driving (with autopilot and cruise control off) are another.

On the plus side, the city street FSD functionally was impressive during my test drives earlier this morning.

I had hit the install button, thinking it was just an update to 10.3, but decided to Google it during the 2 minute install countdown. I saw this thread and immediately flipped over to the Tesla app and cancelled with seconds to spare.
After thinking about it and watching the YouTube video linked in this thread, probably is best to install the update to remove the beta for now. I had one drive on the beta this morning and it did try to take a left turn at a stoplight when a car was approaching. It was definitely not safe. I had to immediately cancel FSD.

After thinking about it and watching the YouTube video linked in this thread, probably is best to install the update to remove the beta for now. I had one drive on the beta this morning and it did try to take a left turn at a stoplight when a car was approaching. It was definitely not safe. I had to immediately cancel FSD.
I mean FSD doing dangerous things is actually normal 😂. The FCWs and behavior when NOT on FSD are the main issue being addressed right now

Reactions: hcdavis3
so my car was downloading 2021.36.5.1 and now it isn’t. Still on 2021.36.5.2.
36.5.1 downloaded, then seems to have disappeared....my app says it's ready to install, but there is apparently no downloaded software available anymore....my iPhone app says the upgrade (with no version number/info) is scheduled to install 2 hours ago....if I try to install the upgrade from the phone app, it just says preparing to upgrade but nothing happens. I'm not home so I can't see what the car display actually says.

Think I'll just let things simmer down until Tesla figures out next steps...meantime I'm still on 36.5.2 (10.3 beta) with no way to change it. And my safety score has disappeared.

Just saw a tweet from Elon, hoping it would clear up this botched rollout/rollback. Nope. Just nonsense. Maybe that means everything has been sorted out.

I'm sure they have their best people on it. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 5.18.47 PM.png