Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got 2021.36.5.2 But Now 2021.36.5.1 is Downloading

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same experience for me. I didn't install the downgrade and later yesterday afternoon went for a drive and saw that I'm still on 26.35.2, with FSD working. No more message about downloading 35.1.
Same for me too. Upgraded to 35.2 early Sunday morning. By mid morning, received the notice to install 35.1 which I did not do at the time. By that evening, the notice to install 35.1 in my app was gone. Unfortunately, had 2 erroneous FCWs with emergency braking going 70+ mph on the freeway last night while manually driving the car (not in autopilot or FSD)! Fortunately nobody crashed into me, but scared the life out of me!!

Same for me too. Upgraded to 35.2 early Sunday morning. By mid morning, received the notice to install 35.1 which I did not do at the time. By that evening, the notice to install 35.1 in my app was gone. Unfortunately, had 2 erroneous FCWs with emergency braking going 70+ mph on the freeway last night while manually driving the car (not in autopilot or FSD)! Fortunately nobody crashed into me, but scared the life out of me!!
That was FBC (FSD Brake Check) a little known internal safety system designed to keep the driver, occupants and any vehicle following too close; wide awake.

I have 35.5.1 “pending” install. I keep changing the install time to keep it from being installed, as I’m on 35.5.2. I assume 35.5.3 would bump the 35.5.1 download/install?

BTW: been using 10.3 all day so far, actually doing very well, MUCH better than yesterday. Couple of goof ball left turns I took over for, but otherwise pretty impressive.

Got 2021.36.5.2 (10.3 beta) just after midnight on deploy night Sunday AM (via car's LTE, even with no data subscription) Took my first drive of 70 plus miles on FSD beta in the early afternoon. Mid-drive I get notice of another LTE update, and notice it's 2021.26.5.1... but I decided to install immediately at the end of my drive around 11:30 AM Pacific time because I usually get 170-200 Wh/m and am getting 370 Wh/m on this inaugural FSD beta drive with 10.3 which scares me in that I'm assuming my 10.3 might damage my HW3 computer and brick it because it is drawing double the normal power of a 4k lbs vehicle rolling down the road running vanilla Navigate on Autopilot. Rollback successful. 2021.36.5.1 gave me FSD Beta 10.2 which is indeed like riding a bull in comparison. Drove that all day... but the strange part is that TeslaFi reports my current install as 2021.36.5.2, and now my Tesla app shows nothing when I login. No car, not even my name and contact info when I click on the generic profile icon that replaced my custom profile image. Stumped.

TLDR; I recommend installing 36.5.1 if possible, even if you lose beta, because excess power draw on my first beta drive made me think I would brick my HW3 computer if I kept beta 3 running.
What makes you think there is an excess power draw?

I dunno I didnt observe consumption in my first fsd drive today but if you actually achieve 170-200 kWh/mi on a 2021 model 3 then your real world local range is 400-470 miles. A good consumption trip for me is 225 in ideal weather conditions. Lifetime (includes freeways and winter weather averaged in) is 258.
Good wether I get 160-180 Wh/m, fair wether around 200-210, winter weather 230-270, lifetime average 215-ish. 2020 Model 3 Standard Range Plus. Never seen anything like the 370 I saw on the initial FSD beta drive yesterday morning. Consumption was in normal range on my way home last night though, and apparently my car didn't install the rollback even though it downloaded it and I started the install.

Screenshot_20211025-091835_Tesla.png

Reactions: hcdavis3
We will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.3.1 to your vehicle shortly!

Full Self-Driving is in limited early access Beta and must be used with additional caution. It may do the wrong thing at the worst time, so you must always keep your hands on the wheel and pay extra attention to the road. Do not become complacent. When Full Self-Driving Beta is enabled, your vehicle will make lane changes off highway, select forks to follow your navigation route, navigate around other vehicles and objects, and make left and right turns. Use Full Self-Driving Beta only if you will pay constant attention to the road, and be prepared to act immediately, especially around blind corners, crossing intersections, and in narrow driving situations. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot and must be prepared to take action at any time.

As part of receiving FSD Beta, your vehicle will collect and share VIN-associated vehicle driving data with Tesla to confirm your continued eligibility for FSD Beta feature. If you wish to be removed from the limited early access FSD Beta please email [email protected]

Your vehicle is running on Tesla Vision! Note that Tesla Vision also includes some temporary limitations, as noted below:

• Follow distance is limited to 2-7.
  • Autopilot top speed is 80 mph.
How to provide feedback:

• Press the "Video Record" button (
    1635178947141.png
    ) on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.
  • You can email your feedback to [email protected]. In your email please include date, time, location, and if you took an Autopilot Snapshot. This helps us investigate issues, and better understand your feedback.

Thanks,

The Tesla Team