Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021.36.5.3 Updating Now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

My car is updating 2021.36.5.3 as I write this post, this should contain the FSD Beta 10.3.1 build. I received the email at around 9:30 am PST.

Yesterday, my car never retrograded to 2021.36.5.1, it stayed with the 5.2 software and the FSD buttons were still functional - just for reference.

Cheers

Reactions: K5TRX and edseloh
First drive went well. 8 miles 3 roundabouts, several unprotected lefts. My only disengagements (2) were things where I was around other impatient drivers and I disengaged so I wouldn't have to deal with their unsafe actions.

It performed much better than I was expecting based on all the negative comments I've seen on 10.2.

Reactions: ThatGrin
First drive has been interesting...

Going down a 3 lane road. In the right Lane.Bout to make right hand turn in 2 stop lights. Car proceeds to move over 2 lanes to the left to be in the far LEFT lane....

The logic for which lane to be in needs a lot of work 😂 has yet to get anywhere on this road correct so far

• Informative
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
I never updated to 10.3 from 10.2 but now installed 10.3.1 (2021.36.5.3) and I cannot engage FSD Beta, AP or TACC on my Model S Raven LR. Two finger reset and full Power Off/On reboot haven’t fixed it. FSD Beta is toggled on (and no luck with AP/TACC for any profiles where toggled off). Anyone else? Any advice?

Going down a 3 lane road. In the right Lane.Bout to make right hand turn in 2 stop lights. Car proceeds to move over 2 lanes to the left to be in the far LEFT lane....

The logic for which lane to be in needs a lot of work 😂 has yet to get anywhere on this road correct so far
Haha same thing happened to me yesterday. It makes no sense!

This was my issue with the previous version of FSD and the main reason that I ended up turning it off most of the time. NoAP does a pretty good job of picking the correct lane on freeways and also has an option to require manual confirmation before changing lanes, so I'm surprised FSD is having so much trouble on local roads. It doesn't seem like a difficult problem and is very similar on local roads vs freeways.

Nicer release. Took a long drive using fsd and not…before and after using sentry mode. no false warnings, no unexpected braking, 6 reports sent in (a town with 400 miles of canals and 90% of roads with no lane or side markings is I think a new experience for the AI. It definitely needs to give old people in wheelchairs more distance when overtaking them (we have a lot of old people down here :))