Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Holiday Firmware Release - Predictions and Impressions (after release)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blind spot camera, remote camera feed and updated UI were I think some of the most anticipated changes. Now that we have them, what do you guys think would be future features that would be most anticipated?

Also, I still feel like the internet access in the car is pretty slow. $10 a month should get us more bandwidth than what we have I feel like.

Blind spot camera, remote camera feed and updated UI were I think some of the most anticipated changes. Now that we have them, what do you guys think would be future features that would be most anticipated?

Also, I still feel like the internet access in the car is pretty slow. $10 a month should get us more bandwidth than what we have I feel like.

I mostly anticipate a full integrated driving stack.
I mostly want better ui customization features.

I mostly don’t expect fixes to ancillary features that were shipped with poor quality or bad design decision because “we shipped it that way before and it was good enough than”

I've been reading this thread and other similar ones on and off. I do agree some things were much easier to access in the previous UI, but there is one thing that keeps popping up that a lot of owners seem to want easy access to which is the tpms screen. I cannot figure out why this particular screen seem so important to a lot of owners. Can anyone shine some light regarding this?

I routinely end up on roads with questionable surfaces. Holes, rocks, debris, etc. there is definite potential for a flat tire and I would rather know before the tire is too flat to drive so I can park the car in a preferred location to deal with the situation. As such in those areas I usually have the tire monitor on screen for all or most of the drive so I can see if any tire starts losing pressure.

I mostly anticipate a full integrated driving stack.
I mostly want better ui customization features.

I mostly don’t expect fixes to ancillary features that were shipped with poor quality or bad design decision because “we shipped it that way before and it was good enough than”
I want less ui customization features while improving ux.
Example- the swipe up and down of music and other icons got lost, in favor of a generic swipe up = climate.
Music needs a polishing pass, forever annoyances still live on (eg scroll a list of 400 artists on usb, click on something kid-way, press back, you’re dropped back into item 1)
I want quick access to the things I don’t want to think about accessing but are close to impossible to predict or are manual preferences: seat warmers, defrost, driver profile.
Create better eye scan and visual hierarchy. Eg Putting together your current speed, tacc speed, whether tacc is on, and whether auto steer / fsd is on, and NoA is on feels like a detective mystery getting clues from pixels all over the place. Place blind spot camera high on the screen not low.

As new features …

I want more zero-touch automation for things that are easy to predict. Such as, if my area has snow, car exterior temp is <0°C, offer to put the wipers in “service” position automatically. Offer to put the car in chill mode if driving on snow. Even predictive purchases could be opt in: If I have low wiper fluid send one home and charge me.
When I disengage FSD please also turn off tacc.

I could really use the ability to prevent walk away lock on a location by location basis. When leaving the car in a trusted location (farm, camping etc ) the car locks itself and prevents eg kids from going to get something from it, when finding me or me having my phone handy is inconvenient.

I would really like obstacle distance based regen, the feature I miss the most from the Mb B-class. (It’s like a whiff of tacc while still fully driving yourself).

I’d like customizable wheel settings, I have a non-standard larger diameter tire for mud and snow in our MY and my speedo and efficiency numbers are off by a known 5%.

Anyone else have Dashcam Viewer unavailable?
9FA16106-7B58-4457-8055-A0B53F049AFF.jpeg

Glad to see that Tesla has finally fired the head of UX development (I hope that's what this means):

I can't believe that the seatbelt warning and the blind spot camera *both* block the garage door opener just when you need it most. How could anyone possibly be that stupid?

And they devoted an entire half of the screen to passenger temperature control? Yet it doesn't even adjust the passenger's temperature like a normal car - it adjusts everyone's temperature! Wow.

Glad to see that Tesla has finally fired the head of UX development (I hope that's what this means):

I can't believe that the seatbelt warning and the blind spot camera *both* block the garage door opener just when you need it most. How could anyone possibly be that stupid?

And they devoted an entire half of the screen to passenger temperature control? Yet it doesn't even adjust the passenger's temperature like a normal car - it adjusts everyone's temperature! Wow.

I would like the ability to move the blindspot camera pop up to the top right, so it's closer to the eye sight.

Yeah it drives me crazy because I design stuff for work and I know how the process works. If I was tasked with implementing the blind spot camera I'd prepare the graphics in a Powerpoint and schedule a design review with my colleagues and boss. The first thing they'd say is "Isn't that the least-visible location possible?" To which I'd argue my rationale and then they'd say "Uh, OK, but what functions does it obscure?"

Yeah it drives me crazy because I design stuff for work and I know how the process works. If I was tasked with implementing the blind spot camera I'd prepare the graphics in a Powerpoint and schedule a design review with my colleagues and boss. The first thing they'd say is "Isn't that the least-visible location possible?" To which I'd argue my rationale and then they'd say "Uh, OK, but what functions does it obscure?"

Well that pop-up is momentary so it obscuring other buttons (if that's what you meant) isn't that bothersome to me. But you have to really take your eyes off the road, look way down at the bottom of the screen. I think that's a bit inconvenient. But I could swipe it to the top right location, it would be much more practical for my eyes lol

If you signal when turning into your driveway the blind spot camera blocks access to your garage control. And since Homelink is so stooopid that it can't even tell up from down, all you can do is watch in horror as your arrival causes the garage door to close on someone/something.

You can swipe the blind spot camera panel down and then you'll get your Homelink button ;)

Is anybody else encountering severe lag with the backup camera? Prior to v11 I’d get some lag for the first 5-10 seconds after the car booted. With v11 that seems to be 30 seconds or more, with even more dropped frames. It makes backing up sketchy AF.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer

OK, so I made that snippy remark on Saturday, and by Monday they had pushed a mystery 44.30 update to me with no documented changes.

Then I look over and notice that my passenger temperature control is now gone!
Screenshot 2022-01-05 182637.png

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but still good to see that they are aware of the error.

So I checked out the new arrangement and it works kinda like you'd expect (though arguably even worse than before). Changing the temp brings up the mini menu, where I can deselect the "sync" button to enable the passenger temp and presto, there it is. The volume moves over to the corner and the passenger temp appears in the original holiday update location.
Pressing sync again causes the passenger temp display to disappear and for some reason I tried this over and over again, despite the fact that it was totally consistent. I was apparently fascinated with the animated way the volume control moved in to fill the space, then moved back over to the corner when un-synced.

Anyway, next thing I know it's back to the old way. Passenger temp is once again permanently displayed, sync or not. Huh.

OK, so I made that snippy remark on Saturday, and by Monday they had pushed a mystery 44.30 update to me with no documented changes.

Then I look over and notice that my passenger temperature control is now gone!
View attachment 752469

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but still good to see that they are aware of the error.

So I checked out the new arrangement and it works kinda like you'd expect (though arguably even worse than before). Changing the temp brings up the mini menu, where I can deselect the "sync" button to enable the passenger temp and presto, there it is. The volume moves over to the corner and the passenger temp appears in the original holiday update location.
Pressing sync again causes the passenger temp display to disappear and for some reason I tried this over and over again, despite the fact that it was totally consistent. I was apparently fascinated with the animated way the volume control moved in to fill the space, then moved back over to the corner when un-synced.

Anyway, next thing I know it's back to the old way. Passenger temp is once again permanently displayed, sync or not. Huh.

Passenger temp control pops up based on the passenger seat weight sensor. I had a backpack on my passenger seat yesterday and it was enough to trigger the right-hand temp control.

• Informative
Reactions: chrstna4
Ah, yeah it would make sense for the second temp display to appear only when a passenger is present. Although that makes it even dumber that the passenger has full control of the driver temp by default.

Anyway, I don't have any passengers or backpacks or anything and I was also wondering why my passenger HVAC seems to run all the time since the holiday update. I guess it has lost track of my seat sensor along the way. I don't get any seatbelt warnings but other that that one time photographed above, my passenger temp is always displayed and the HVAC is running every time I check.

Has anyone else lost their passenger seat logic in the update?