Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, what are you trying to tell us? Personally, I like that trend and I hope it continues.
Although I do find this car quite expensive, I do think there is a certain perceived premium in being apart of the luxury class of automobiles. If they trend too far down the food chain, I likely will move onto another brand in the future. Especially as their EV alternatives get more competitive.

Sold my 75D after 3 years. Bought a 2021 Model 3P. Took delivery 23.desember. 5hr Christmas roadtrip and no issues with heat pump. Outside temps down to -27C / -16.6F and the heat pump was fine. 5hr home again after a few days, and the car got cold on the last leg. Had the car in for service today, and it was a 2hr job, changing 3 sensors. Two PT sensor #high pressure# and 1 PT sensor low pressure. Heater is acting like it should. So far, so good. Car is perfect, with no issues.

And in addition to Phil's Update, here is the "change log" for v14:
ebd316250e5895783f932cf3c8e3324c5c4b0092.jpeg
63f175bf5e71e6fe020a383db6c4e504dc13115d.jpeg
97df20aaf3b0111ed35433c2c2486cc44bae5d05.jpeg

-This confirms the updated door panels for the EU Model 3 produced after the 28th of December 2020. Surely this will also be the case for the US, but that part remains speculation.
-The 2021 LR Models on delivery in the next weeks were all E5D (LG) and E3CD (Panasonic 2170C).
Only the Performance seems to have gotten that 2170L 82KWH Pack so far and I belive Tesla will be coming with something like a Long Range Plus (parallel to Model S) in the coming weeks/months which will then have the 82KWH battery with 2170L cells and 600+km of WLTP range.

Just speculation, as the 82 KWH battery is actually too large for the current WLTP numbers, which can be met with the smallest LG battery.

Reactions: FredMt
so far and I belive Tesla will be coming with something like a Long Range Plus (parallel to Model S) in the coming weeks/months which will then have the 82KWH battery with 2170L cells and 600+km of WLTP range.

I hope a LR+ for several month too ;), perhaps it will become reality !
With different price as standard LR, so no need to fit with LG E5D capacity.
On paper now LR+ variant exist it s E3LD:D !

-This confirms the updated door panels for the EU Model 3 produced after the 28th of December 2020. Surely this will also be the case for the US, but that part remains speculation.
-The 2021 LR Models on delivery in the next weeks were all E5D (LG) and E3CD (Panasonic 2170C).
Only the Performance seems to have gotten that 2170L 82KWH Pack so far and I belive Tesla will be coming with something like a Long Range Plus (parallel to Model S) in the coming weeks/months which will then have the 82KWH battery with 2170L cells and 600+km of WLTP.

Would those EU cars have been produced in the US, or China?

Tim

06460F1E-EDB6-46EB-AA73-BAB43E4063C8.jpeg
Tesla VIN number could give some indication about battery pack installed.

As you can see on digit 7 :
../..
F : LFP ( to know if SR+ has Pana or CATL)
H : Li-Ion Hight capacity (2170L?)
V: Li-Ion Ultra hight capacity (for future?)
../..

Cf VIN decoder matrix:
Tesla vehicle VIN number Decoder
View attachment 631079
According to this I have E battery and 1 motor. That doesn’t make sense.

No, it cannot, I tested the efficiency and there is no difference 19/2020 vs 2021, hence it can't meet the same range due to less capacity. And it most certainly can't exceed that range by 20km.

You can make these claims over and over again, but it won't make a difference as a post in some forum.
If you think you have solid proof then go ahead and sue Tesla.