Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model 3 and differences from 2020

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D94C6A24-95DF-4B62-96F8-389CC0B9A4CA.jpeg

Seems M3 and MY have lost the lumbar adjustment from the passenger seat. Just a blank where the button was.

Is there any update that also Model 3 has lost that? Only heard that Model Y but nothing else.

I understand this for not fully premium interior but not fully premium interior.

And if this is only temporary solution, would be nice to know if they add missing parts later or not.

Is there any update that also Model 3 has lost that? Only heard that Model Y but nothing else.

I understand this for not fully premium interior but not fully premium interior.

And if this is only temporary solution, would be nice to know if they add missing parts later or not.
My lr from march doesn't have lumbar control on passenger side. (white interior)

Reactions: thinger
I don’t know if it is something they did lately in Q2 or something with all the 2021 models but I just switched from a 2020 to a 2021 and me and everyone else that has been in the new car have found it to be quite a bit more quiet than the old one. I also did not think my 2020 was louder than the other 2020 models I tried so I don’t think it had something wrong.

Is there any information on Tesla doing something for sound insulation apart from the double glass windows? Because this seems like it would be something more than that.

I don’t know if it is something they did lately in Q2 or something with all the 2021 models but I just switched from a 2020 to a 2021 and me and everyone else that has been in the new car have found it to be quite a bit more quiet than the old one. I also did not think my 2020 was louder than the other 2020 models I tried so I don’t think it had something wrong.

Is there any information on Tesla doing something for sound insulation apart from the double glass windows? Because this seems like it would be something more than that.
Some company's who do sound insulation for Tesla's have taken the 2021 version apart and found no changes to the sound insulation whatsoever. Double glass windows in the front being the only change.

You are not the only one to notice the new cars are quieter. That's why they took the car apart in the first place. If you look on YouTube. The last video I remember was done by a company called Stegmann.

I got my Model 3 Performance 2021 yesterday and also some reason that is quieter than older Q1/2020 model and also Q1/2021 model.

Don't know why but on my ears this is quieter.

Also now everything is also on shape. No problems with paint etc. Only little notice on passanger side rear door is little bit higher vs front door. But everything else on good shape.

Some company's who do sound insulation for Tesla's have taken the 2021 version apart and found no changes to the sound insulation whatsoever. Double glass windows in the front being the only change.

You are not the only one to notice the new cars are quieter. That's why they took the car apart in the first place. If you look on YouTube. The last video I remember was done by a company called Stegmann.

Yeah, maybe it is just the glass then, I was just surprised by the difference to both tire and wind noise. I haven’t tried the Q1 2021 version so I cannot comment on differences between them but I was wondering if there might have been further changes between Q1 and Q2 in typical Tesla fashion. I was not expecting this big a difference from the glass alone.

Now that US Q2 Model 3's are being delivered, any update from those of you who have taken delivery as to if the new Model 3's have the updated tail lights that the Model Y's have (larger red lights for being used for brakes and amber turn signals)? Thanks for the update in advance.