Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No issues with my other one.
2022 Model S LR barely 2 weeks with 65 miles had to be towed from my garage. drive (motor) inverter failure. ETA of replacement part approx 10 days. After 9 months waiting this is what I got.

Attachments

• CEF9B697-3040-48AC-8A92-7B8FBBC37759.jpeg
    CEF9B697-3040-48AC-8A92-7B8FBBC37759.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 157
Is there a fix for wind noise from the drivers side triangle window?

Seems after my tint the wind noise is way up… Not sure if coincidentally occurring with activation of ARNR or not but it was noticeable.
I had this happen to me once. Turns out the tinter F’d a seal when tucking the tint edge under the rubber seal - usually the little triangle window up front area.

Has anyone with 19’ wheels noticed any rock chips on their rocker panels or rear fender arch? I know the 21’ wheels kick up rocks and seem to damage the paint since they are wide and sticky. Just checking to see if the same problem exists with 19’ tires since they are not as wide.

I had this happen to me once. Turns out the tinter F’d a seal when tucking the tint edge under the rubber seal - usually the little triangle window up front area.
I had this issue, except on the passenger side. The bottom edge of the glass sits in a little metal bracket and, In my case, it became loose--quick fix by Mobile Service.

I'm just circling back around for all those waiting to recieve their new refresh Tesla Model S Long Range. I took delivery on 12/6/21 and immediatley sent it to the shop for some accessory work while I headed out of town. I still only have ~90 miles on the car. The delivery process was a bit challanging, however, the new Tesla, my first, is an amazing ride…with lots of technology… It's not perfect, but is fun to drive, sneaky fast and a compliment magnet. My Tesla was pretty good all around with only a very few minor issues... I can't wait to get some miles on it. Stay faithful folks...the car, I beleive, is worth the wait and the Tesla is clearly one of the market inovators and leaders...
2022 Tesla Model S Long Range AWD - MEL - 12162021 - 01.jpg

Has anyone with 19’ wheels noticed any rock chips on their rocker panels or rear fender arch? I know the 21’ wheels kick up rocks and seem to damage the paint since they are wide and sticky. Just checking to see if the same problem exists with 19’ tires since they are not as wide.
Yes, it's one of the most remarked design flaws (I think that's fair to say) of the new, wider wheel arches. There are no OEM mudflaps, so peopel are adding generic 3rd party flaps, hacking their own, etc. PPF is highly recommended by many, as well. A quick forum search will reveal many threads.

Yes, it's one of the most remarked design flaws (I think that's fair to say) of the new, wider wheel arches. There are no OEM mudflaps, so peopel are adding generic 3rd party flaps, hacking their own, etc. PPF is highly recommended by many, as well. A quick forum search will reveal many threads.
Double your PPF. Standard coverage first. Then a replaceable overlay large enough to cover impact area. Looks and works great.

Reactions: cwanja and impastu
Thanks for the reply. I have seen most of the threads and comments about the amazon flaps, etc. My question was more specific to see if people with 19’ wheels are having the same problem or if it is more an issue for only the wider 21s. I will have 19 in the winter months (my EDD is this month) and 21s in the summer. Looking to see if I have time to wait for a Tesla offered option before drilling a hole for the Amazon flaps.

Reactions: impastu
This is a new one… I see the clip in there but can’t knock it in to place.

Mine's the same, - they don't seem to sit well over there. For me it's the rear passenger smaller window glass trim that isn't flush completely.

But anyway, my car is back in service for the next 2 weeks for a safety restraint error that they seemingly can't fix without new parts that may or may not fix the issue.

12 service visits/mobile service visits in 4.5 months (since August 5), and counting. So that's 12 service visits of some sort in 18 weeks, or one service visit every 1.5 weeks on average. Love this car. Seriously. 🤦‍♂️

Mine's the same, - they don't seem to sit well over there. For me it's the rear passenger smaller window glass trim that isn't flush completely.

But anyway, my car is back in service for the next 2 weeks for a safety restraint error that they seemingly can't fix without new parts that may or may not fix the issue.

12 service visits/mobile service visits in 4.5 months (since August 5), and counting. So that's 12 service visits of some sort in 18 weeks, or one service visit every 1.5 weeks on average. Love this car. Seriously. 🤦‍♂️
Same spot opposite side on mine… if they won’t replace it I’ll do it myself. Can’t look at it 😂

How many total days in service and can you lemon law it and get an NF with re-refresh taillights?