Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
35 Plaids are now available for immediate pickup here in the North East on Tesla's website under existing new inventory.
I just noticed that, some ‘21s and even some ‘22s. Had I known that I may have rejected mine with its paint issues and door panel misalignment. I just didn’t want to wait another month ordering another one knowing that another one may have other issues.

I did take my car to the service center today and they said the top part of the door panel looks like it needs a clip to hold it down better and they can fix it. Top part of the door is definitely looser than the passenger side.

Reactions: impastu
Anyone figure out how to align the inside door panel trim to the dash? Mobile tech couldn’t figure it out

Attachments

• 1F5246D8-75EC-4D56-8428-D1DAB913DF53.jpeg
    1F5246D8-75EC-4D56-8428-D1DAB913DF53.jpeg
    326.7 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: impastu
Anyone figure out how to align the inside door panel trim to the dash? Mobile tech couldn’t figure it out
Wow. Chrome on left looks dirty or is discolored. Ask the tech if they know how to remove the panel completely to check the door panel clips. I am seeing this type of misalignment frequently with the same amount of door panel sticking up above the dash, while other cars are just fine. I would like to think that the holes that are punched in the metal door frame for the door panel clips are consistent, it is just the way the panels are clipped to the door frame. The door is completely assembled before being installed on car, without the installer checking for alignment once on the car. Wondering if the clips can be installed upside down on the panel, then the panel is installed on door frame 1/4 inch higher..

Yes, another for free "feature" of refreshed MS. You may also get free dust and lint behind the clear plastic display lens.
For the most part my car is perfect. We have major ocd. No dust and no lint. Not sure if these dots are part of the screen graphics or it’s defect on screen panel. Would appreciate some screen shots from other fellow MS owners

Reactions: impastu and jebinc
For the most part my car is perfect. We have major ocd. No dust and no lint. Not sure if these dots are part of the screen graphics or it’s defect on screen panel. Would appreciate some screen shots from other fellow MS owners
Those grey dots are the display frits/vignette.

Since the display is LCD and not OLED (really good choice, less chance of retention), the vignette helps hide the dark "glow" of the backlight at night so the display smoothly blends into the rest of the dash vs having a harsh lit outline.

Mine has some discoloration like that too towards the triangle window area. No clue what it is.
My door panel is a bit weird, Tesla says they won’t touch it but my leather cleaner seemed to have no effect.
That is bullshivitskey. All it takes is the promise by Tesla to replace the entire doo panel. Problem solved, customer satisfied..

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
Those grey dots are the display frits/vignette.

Since the display is LCD and not OLED (really good choice, less chance of retention), the vignette helps hide the dark "glow" of the backlight at night so the display smoothly blends into the rest of the dash vs having a harsh lit outline.
That explains a lot. I knew I wasn’t crazy when I noticed the brightness fade away from the center of the display. That’s really smart

Anyone I know who toke delivery at Devon have had flawless cars. My mid November delivery was perfect. No quality issues with all parts. I only live 30 minutes away though. I would give them a heads up prior to set expectations.
One issue I had, which I was not told about is that the car will not come with an inspection sticker. Tesla can’t inspect in PA. There is a local place that you can schedule a quick while you wait inspection. PM me if you want their info and details.

I'll be picking up my S in a few months from Devon. Good to hear they're running a tight ship over there. My friend picked up his 3 a few months ago from Devon and was very happy.