Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure sounds like something came loose, any weird sounds or tire rubbing? Things like this worry me when Tesla does their "end of quarter push" and basically just slaps a car together as fast as they can with degraded quality control. Is there any oversight for failures like this, I mean it could be deadly at highway speeds and frankly is rather unacceptable.

Agreed - if they want mass adoption of their cars, they better get this *sugar* figured out. GM/Ford/Chrysler already taught us what happens when you push out *sugar* quality, another group of companies will come in a dominate you. They have still never recovered.

Screenshot_5.png

Agreed - if they want mass adoption of their cars, they better get this *sugar* figured out. GM/Ford/Chrysler already taught us what happens when you push out *sugar* quality, another group of companies will come in a dominate you. They have still never recovered.

View attachment 685329

Exactly. Reminds me of when someone's windshield flew out of the car as they drove their brand new Model Y off the lot. There are so many windshied departing the Tesla stories its not even funny.

There's nothing else that compares to a Tesla, but it does worry me that cut corners could mean greater injury in a crash or lead to a crash, or hurt someone innocent.

Guys, I received one of the first Model S Plaid in the Philly area. Picked it up on June 24. Drove it twice and it has been in my garage ever since. Can't get used to the yoke steering and non-stick controls. I suppose that these are pretty cool features for some folks but not for me. Fortunately I was able to get my 2015 Model S P85D back from Tesla. BTW, my plaid has 143 miles on it and its for sale if you know anyone that would like to get one fast. Color is blue.

Guys, I received one of the first Model S Plaid in the Philly area. Picked it up on June 24. Drove it twice and it has been in my garage ever since. Can't get used to the yoke steering and non-stick controls. I suppose that these are pretty cool features for some folks but not for me. Fortunately I was able to get my 2015 Model S P85D back from Tesla. BTW, my plaid has 143 miles on it and its for sale if you know anyone that would like to get one fast. Color is blue.
@Drew-MS small hike to get a gently used Plaid? Although I guess it has 21s.

Has anyone had any luck? I tried everything and I can’t figure out how to engage autopark into my garage… I tried following the instructions in this video, but it still will not work. Since the model S does not have stalks, I think this is a software issue. I would like to add that I do have FSD purchased, if anyone asks.

YouTube VIDEO on how to autopark.
I have not found a way. The manual does say it may not be available at delivery.

Reactions: Chris++
Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I finally got a chance to wash and detail her for the first time yesterday. This helped me find a couple issues. I am also having what seems to be latency or lag with Spotify. The music will stop and go or the app won't load everything. Bluetooth seems okay so far. I can't seem to find how to view or see if there are sentry recordings. I think i need to set my home address first.

Issues:
This rubber interior trim. This for sound or water proofing? Adhesive seems to be weak.
1626711972076.png

Then a paint defect on the rear passenger side underneath the door.
1626712011860.png

+ minor scratches on the hood.

I started hearing wind noise from the passenger side door--mobile tech swung by and determined the little bit of triangular glass by the A-pillar had too much play. He is coming back to replace it.

Think I’m gonna research the Lucid Air. It’s not as pretty but the build looks amazing, plus more range!
Hard to judge build quality of a car not in production :)

Has anyone had any luck? I tried everything and I can’t figure out how to engage autopark into my garage… I tried following the instructions in this video, but it still will not work. Since the model S does not have stalks, I think this is a software issue. I would like to add that I do have FSD purchased, if anyone asks.
I think there is something glitchy in the SW--my car is super finicky about summons-ing in our out of the garage--more often than not, it will pull half-way in or out than give up

This rubber interior trim. This for sound or water proofing? Adhesive seems to be weak.
I'd have them come fix that.

Hi all,

Hope everyone had a great weekend! I finally got a chance to wash and detail her for the first time yesterday. This helped me find a couple issues. I am also having what seems to be latency or lag with Spotify. The music will stop and go or the app won't load everything. Bluetooth seems okay so far. I can't seem to find how to view or see if there are sentry recordings. I think i need to set my home address first.

Issues:
View attachment 685919
I have the same issue on my 2016. Very weak adhesive - it just looks really bad and I've had a ranger come by to look at it and he added more adhesive - it still looks very flimsy and not very well attached.

I think there is something glitchy in the SW--my car is super finicky about summons-ing in our out of the garage--more often than not, it will pull half-way in or out than give up
I have a narrow garage and use (dumb) Summon on my X all the time. The Plaid refuses to move at all, and I have been unable to use Summon so far. The car may be slightly wider than my X, but there is still plenty of clearance on both sides for it to go in. It seems to give up very quickly, and I hope this is something that changes with an update, because right now I have to park at a slight angle so I can get out of the S. :)

• Informative
Reactions: lurker131
I have a narrow garage and use (dumb) Summon on my X all the time. The Plaid refuses to move at all, and I have been unable to use Summon so far. The car may be slightly wider than my X, but there is still plenty of clearance on both sides for it to go in. It seems to give up very quickly, and I hope this is something that changes with an update, because right now I have to park at a slight angle so I can get out of the S. :)
My 2016 P90D summons in/out of the garage fine, the plaid does not.

Updated list waiting for my service appointment...

• Hood out of alignment. (I fixed this myself)
  • Rubber seal hanging down behind front grill (not sure what its for)
  • All safety features disabled and cannot reset to get rid of the warnings.
  • Front end is out of alignment and car pulls to the left.
  • Right passenger window seal not installed properly (fixed this myself).
  • Yoke rubber cover coming loose on corner.
  • Yoke airbag cover has weird worm line going through it.
  • Key card looks like it was melted and needs replaced.
  • Rear license plate frame dented and bent.

I'm sure more to come!

Updated list waiting for my service appointment...

• Hood out of alignment. (I fixed this myself)
  • Rubber seal hanging down behind front grill (not sure what its for)
  • All safety features disabled and cannot reset to get rid of the warnings.
  • Front end is out of alignment and car pulls to the left.
  • Right passenger window seal not installed properly (fixed this myself).
  • Yoke rubber cover coming loose on corner.
  • Yoke airbag cover has weird worm line going through it.
  • Key card looks like it was melted and needs replaced.
  • Rear license plate frame dented and bent.

I'm sure more to come!
Awesome work! For the things you fixed yourself - do you have before/after pics?