Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So.. not sure if this is a refresh issue, but I’m now stuck in a service black hole with the app.

I have a “message from the service team”, but I cannot access it no matter what I do. I have tried logging in and out, deleting the app, and even trying another phone. Not good, not good at all. Really brings my confidence level down, and frankly, pisses me off a little. If the stupid app is the only way to communicate to service, you better make sure it works or have a way to troubleshoot it.

Attachments

• 83CAA0F9-4865-4A1F-B6F4-5939CEDF8B54.png
    83CAA0F9-4865-4A1F-B6F4-5939CEDF8B54.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 131
So.. not sure if this is a refresh issue, but I’m now stuck in a service black hole with the app.

I have a “message from the service team”, but I cannot access it no matter what I do. I have tried logging in and out, deleting the app, and even trying another phone. Not good, not good at all. Really brings my confidence level down, and frankly, pisses me off a little. If the stupid app is the only way to communicate to service, you better make sure it works or have a way to troubleshoot it.
Call the service center, press 2 for service, and follow the prompts for "if your car is already in service". This should route you to the actual service center, if they ever pick up.

Call the service center, press 2 for service, and follow the prompts for "if your car is already in service". This should route you to the actual service center, if they ever pick up.

Yeah. I get "Tesla Service offices are now closed." Oh well. Will have to try tomorrow, even though they dont open til 10 and my mobile appointment is 8-12. Still not cool.

I've got some annoying whistling wind noise coming from somewhere around my head when driving about 77-87mph.... It's some sort of wind noise because it's not happening at spears below, but locating it been troubling. Even with volume at 7 or 8 you can hear it.

I have managed to get in approx 500 miles since picking it up Tuesday night…

Issues:
5) Parking assist turns off in wet weather and also dry good weather. Warning is intermittent.
I have been having this same exact issue as well @Hayseed_MS. I’ve scheduled a mobile service appt to have it checked out today.

The crazy thing is that this is happening on both my Plaid & my wife’s model X, so I’m not sure if it’s limited to just the Plaid. Also, no wet weather here in dry California.

New owners...what about turn signal usage without looking at the wheel. How easy to find the turn signal and choose it without looking at the wheel?

Also same for wipers. Fast and easy to find and turn on without looking at the wheel ? (Where I live we have sudden, I mean sudden hard rainfalls just crossing an intersection and sometimes auto wipers are off when you may have had the car washed last).
Wipers on auto, no issues.

Turn signals I can finally do without looking after 2000 miles of driving.

Reactions: cwanja
Wipers on auto, no issues.

Turn signals I can finally do without looking after 2000 miles of driving.
2000 miles to learn? Ouch. Not great news.

Wipers....Issue is that sometimes I turn off the wipers manually when I get annoyed at them working for the slightest drizzle. Days later it pours at a rate of 1" per hour. Need to not have to take my eyes off the road to get them started. Auto not enough, need apparent touch feel. Is it there please?

2000 miles to learn? Ouch. Not great news.

Wipers....Issue is that sometimes I turn off the wipers manually when I get annoyed at them working for the slightest drizzle. Days later it pours at a rate of 1" per hour. Need to not have to take my eyes off the road to get them started. Auto not enough, need apparent touch feel. Is it there please?
Re: turn signals it was probably a bit sooner, maybe 1000? Just noticed the other day I wasn't looking anymore and that was around 2000 though.

Re wipers: not much of a touch way to do it no. You can use voice commands too though.

Guys this can happen to anyone, but a modern car should prevent a lot of these with active safety features. I’d want to know if the car attempted braking.
Agreed, not making light of the situation. We have only seen the aftermath. But the way AEB works is if the driver press the accelerator - the car will go. So if the said driver is distracted and accelerating, the car will not attempt to override with braking. In some of the other posts, the original poster said they were in stop and go and someone slammed on their brakes.

Agreed, not making light of the situation. We have only seen the aftermath. But the way AEB works is if the driver press the accelerator - the car will go. So if the said driver is distracted and accelerating, the car will not attempt to override with braking. In some of the other posts, the original poster said they were in stop and go and someone slammed on their brakes.

I've had automation save me once in hundreds of thousands of miles of driving. I was accelerating on the highway and someone changed lanes in front of me. My foot was on the accelerator, and even before my primitive brain could register what was going on, the car started braking.

If I were designing the system and I knew the forward collision detection algorithm was accurate, the accelerator pedal wouldn't override the AEB action unless it is let off and reapplied, or applied beyond let's say 75% WOT. Partial accelerator input otherwise shouldn't cancel AEB.

Reactions: 3YPlaid and croman
I've had automation save me once in hundreds of thousands of miles of driving. I was accelerating on the highway and someone changed lanes in front of me. My foot was on the accelerator, and even before my primitive brain could register what was going on, the car started braking.
My 2016 saved my ass this way last month. I was on I-40 at night and a semi cut me off, rapidly changed lanes in front of me with very little warning. Alarm sounds and flashing info on the IC (no idea what it said) and it was already slamming on the brakes when my foot got there. I don't know for sure that I wouldn't have made it myself but I can't deny the forward collision avoidance helped.