Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the ac is provided by a 4/5 ton heat pump, IIRC. My house is heated and cooled with a heat pump that is rated at 5 tons! There shouldn’t be a cooling problem, by design
I completely agree. I think it's just due to the airflow being turned off on the passenger side. I certainly hate when the air becomes "stale" in my cars when driving, so I'm always making sure all the front vents are opened up when the windows aren't open.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Anyone else find the key cards to be hit or miss in terms of unlocking the car this way? Compared to the Model 3 which worked every time, I’m finding the key cards to be really troublesome in their ability to unlock/lock the car.
I always use the phone key
Yeah just the B pillar swiping is not consistent.

And today’s update: just had to drop my car off at Tesla for the entire day for the borked software. Awesome. Really loving this 6-figure experience… and this is just part 1! Next week for the windshield replacement/speaker grill (dent) replacement.

Just waiting for my rental. Sigh.
Which speaker grill had an issue? I feel like my A pillar driver side speaker is dented from factory
That’s weird. I could have sworn my car didn’t work that way. The passenger vent is on even when nobody is sitting there. The rear isn’t, of course.
None of my vents work unless there’s a person sitting there or I turn them on manually

"This guy" LOL @MrExitStrategy - what's up bud? More context on fixes/solutions?
Haha! Yep, wanted to documented the issues and am hoping they will fix them. They pushed my original service appointment from Aug 13 to Sept 3 saying that they have ordered a new rim/wheel (just based on the pictures I submitted through the app) to replace and it didn't get there in time for the appointment.... I told them they there were many other issues on the list I submitted :)

Haha! Yep, wanted to documented the issues and am hoping they will fix them. They pushed my original service appointment from Aug 13 to Sept 3 saying that they have ordered a new rim/wheel (just based on the pictures I submitted through the app) to replace and it didn't get there in time for the appointment.... I told them they there were many other issues on the list I submitted :)
I’d be curious to see if they replace that dash.

I always use the phone key

Which speaker grill had an issue? I feel like my A pillar driver side speaker is dented from factory

None of my vents work unless there’s a person sitting there or I turn them on manually

The main speaker grill below the windshield that spans the width of the car. Since I'm having my windshield replaced, I'm hopeful that grill isn't hard to replace... Anyone had it replaced, or no what it takes to do so? If it involves disassembling the entire dash, I'll live with the dent thank you very much...

Since there are already three sources of rattling noise I hear so far, maybe I won't notice a few more. 🤣

Your video single handedly changed my plans to buy a Model S anytime in the next 6 months, thank you for being willing to put that on the internet.

I cannot do the squeaky *sugar*. That would drive me absolutely insane. I also have no idea how they could possibly fix that without redesigning the doors/whatever is going on in the back/whatever is going on in the dash. I think all around it's very poor design and they are going to have to revise that stuff.

I'm hoping to just take delivery of a (mostly) issue free Model 3 for the rest of the year and sell it off mid-to-late next year once either A) the model s is revised B) my Rivian preorder is available (and my test drive goes well/the reviews are overwhelmingly positive) or C) get a Texas Model Y, if there's any notable improvements.

But yikes man. What the hell is wrong with the dash?! I cant believe it makes that noise when you push on it, that's insane. and the door handles, like they went with the cheapest plastics possible on all of those components.

IF IM WRONG ABOUT WHAT IT TAKES TO FIX THIS STUFF AND THEY ARE ABLE TO ADDRESS ALL/MOST OF IT, PLEASE LET US KNOW @MrExitStrategy

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with the side mirrors flipping down when shifting into reverse? They kinda flip, but inconsistently--trying to figure out if it is a SW issue or I should call service.
Same on mirrors. Have you noticed road line demarcations and objects farther away are not showing up as well as they did before .3? Also road demarcation lines have a constant snake effect?
it has been raining here a lot. When rain clears going to clear car to see if blocked sensor.

Same on mirrors. Have you noticed road line demarcations and objects farther away are not showing up as well as they did before .3? Also road demarcation lines have a constant snake effect?
it has been raining here a lot. When rain clears going to clear car to see if blocked sensor.
Ditto -- freeways seems fine, but I am seeing the snakes or no lines on surface streets. Guess they are still tweaking the vision stack.

2021.24.3 seems worse than the 2021.12.4.9, that I have. I’m not going to load 2021.24.3, but rather wait for the next release. I can even open up and read the manual with this oldest version the car delivered with.