Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys! Is it normal to see water seeping into the inside of the doors? It was raining today and these were what I found. It looks like it could get into the cabin if it's a heavy rain.  and there glue residues on the gasket on front doors and it peeled my window tint off :/
That is normal. Water is still outside of the gaskets.

I pop in to the forum from time to time... holy *sugar* Elon still doesn't have quality control on his radar yet. Pun intended. I feel bad for all these people dropping $140K plus on such garbage cars. Fun for sure but wow this thread is enough to keep me away a few more years... I lived it with my P100D...
How can you judge the quality of... quality control when your sample size is the definition of selection bias? It's literally a thread dedicated to problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
I am now starting to wonder how many Model S LR and Plaid are being delivered with problems that are left to the owners to deal with because there is no quality control, versus those owners who claim to have no issues. I understand that it is typical to only hear the complaints, similar to hotel reviews but rarely hear praise.. My delivery date is late Feb to late March and I am having second thoughts about getting to know service center personnel on a frequent basis..
Well, depending on what you mean by "left to the owners", but I might be one success story. My car did have a couple very minor issues at delivery (some missing clips in the front wheel wells, and two very small paint chips inside the driver door frame), all fixed on the spot before I took possession. I've had a repeating fault with the passenger airbag, but I just schedule service and they fix it (this next time, they're just replacing it completely). Perhaps that last one qualifies as "left to the owner to fix"? But, other than that, the car has been perfect.

Reactions: tbaud
The quality issues with my car post delivery (a few were fixed before I ever had it):

- Missing rear license plate frame
- The frunk service access panel wasn’t pushed down on all the clips. I pushed it back in and all is well.
- A few bits of unwashed adhesive residue from protector stickers.

Yes, that’s it.

Now, if I could get my permanent license plates from the state that would be swell :)

The quality issues with my car post delivery (a few were fixed before I ever had it):

- Missing rear license plate frame
- The frunk service access panel wasn’t pushed down on all the clips. I pushed it back in and all is well.
- A few bits of unwashed adhesive residue from protector stickers.

Yes, that’s it.

Now, if I could get my permanent license plates from the state that would be swell :)
What is this rear license plate frame everyone mentions?

Reactions: jebinc and impastu
My Plaid is getting towed today because is leaking coolant from somewhere in the front. The car has a coolant error saying to take the car for service, reduced power error and stay under 93mph. This happened after coming back from a 800 mile trip. I am disappointed, the car has 1770 miles. The car has been great so far and I love it.

Tesla gave me an update and they say that a
cooling fan failed. I don't understand why I have coolant all over my floor if only a cooling fan broke.

Tesla gave me an update and they say that a
cooling fan failed. I don't understand why I have coolant all over my floor if only a cooling fan broke.
Cooling fans are notoriously located in close proximity to heat exchangers so I could only guess that an uncontrolled fan blade made contact, causing a hole and consequent leak of coolant.. This my guess...

Reactions: impastu