Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was my concern, all of the other cars had varying levels of concern in that region. Along with this written on the windshield of my windshield.
My car had "window does not roll down" written on the rear passenger door when I inspected prior to pickup. At pickup, everything worked fine. It looks normal, but I cannot be certain. As @oktane mentioned, compare it to other cars. I did this with some gaps and found it to be consistent across several vehicles.

Reactions: impastu
I just found a new problem on my car. My driver's window does not roll down fully with a full press. The passenger side works. It may have been there from the get go, because I only drove my car for a couple of days, then took it to be tinted, and could not roll down my windows for a few days after.
There’s an old reset method that may work. I think you roll up or down and hold button for five seconds. I’d look it up for you but about to board…..

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
My Model S LR has this weird 'cooing' sound coming from the ventilation slot on the passenger side of the main screen. Sounds like a small dove caught in the system. Very soft, doesn't appear to be related to fan speed but it goes away when I turn off the ventilation system. Not terribly loud but now that my ear is tuned to it, I hear it over low road noise and low music, annoying. Not a regular rhythm, sometimes few seconds, other times goes away for a minute or two. Maybe an actuator that moves a vent back and forth? I swung by the local service center and demonstrated it to one of the service advisors I've dealt with in the past, he'd never heard this and suggested I record it which I did and have sent it to him. I'm hoping he'll pass it up the chain to Fremont, don't want to bring it in to the shop for them to tear apart the dash for random diagnostics and then have the car stuck there waiting for parts...
Yup, have this, and this one car quirk is the most irksome. Its absolutely part of the HVAC system, and probably a coolant valve cycling? Doesn't make the sound with any of the other air dampers (adjusting direction, recirc, etc). Swinging to the extreme of temperature (HI, LO) to force a cooling/heating mode also makes it go away.

At least I'm not alone :)

There’s an old reset method that may work. I think you roll up or down and hold button for five seconds. I’d look it up for you but about to board…..
Yes. I just was planning to post an update. I spoke to my service advisor today and he told me the same thing. Hold down the button for 5 seconds, then hold it up for 5 seconds. Fixed it. The more you know...

I have a creaking noise coming from somewhere in front of the driver side dash. Has anyone had this issue and gotten it fixed? I am taking my car into Fremont today for a service appt for paint issues, hope I would be able to reproduce this and convince there is a noise.

Reactions: impastu
I am now starting to wonder how many Model S LR and Plaid are being delivered with problems that are left to the owners to deal with because there is no quality control, versus those owners who claim to have no issues. I understand that it is typical to only hear the complaints, similar to hotel reviews but rarely hear praise.. My delivery date is late Feb to late March and I am having second thoughts about getting to know service center personnel on a frequent basis..

I am now starting to wonder how many Model S LR and Plaid are being delivered with problems that are left to the owners to deal with because there is no quality control, versus those owners who claim to have no issues. I understand that it is typical to only hear the complaints, similar to hotel reviews but rarely hear praise.. My delivery date is late Feb to late March and I am having second thoughts about getting to know service center personnel on a frequent basis..
ahhh... every one of them... ship the car. report the revenue to the street. let the SC and customer work out the kinks. Mine was darn close to perfect and all things resolved except for the BIG scratches under the air dam from offloading from the transport and to this day, the crinkles all around the upper side of the passenger seat trim. SC tried the 'steaming it out' method after keeping the car for a week and gave it back in worse shape. The story now is that it has escalated and 'will take weeks' which is insane. But I DO LOVE the car :)

ahhh... every one of them... ship the car. report the revenue to the street. let the SC and customer work out the kinks. Mine was darn close to perfect and all things resolved except for the BIG scratches under the air dam from offloading from the transport and to this day, the crinkles all around the upper side of the passenger seat trim. SC tried the 'steaming it out' method after keeping the car for a week and gave it back in worse shape. The story now is that it has escalated and 'will take weeks' which is insane. But I DO LOVE the car :)
Seems like the very simple solution is to just replace the darn seat! The defective seat could be returned and reupholstered for future exchange..

Seems like the very simple solution is to just replace the darn seat! The defective seat could be returned and reupholstered for future exchange..
Yep you would think. What I was TOLD was that they kept the car for 5 days as a new seat was shipped. Then when I picked it up the SA actually told me to reject the 'repair' and said they tried to steam it out. It was worse than when I took it in. Far worse so I wondered why they didn't put the less than worse seat back in ..... I needed the car back after being in the shop for 7 days ( ABS light was on as well - connector pulled loose in the steering column) and he said they were 'escalating' and would take weeks. I am giving them four and then will start to escalate myself. Its not acceptable.

Hey guys! Is it normal to see water seeping into the inside of the doors? It was raining today and these were what I found. It looks like it could get into the cabin if it's a heavy rain.  and there glue residues on the gasket on front doors and it peeled my window tint off :/

Attachments

• 20211207_145730.jpg
    20211207_145730.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 20211207_145458.jpg
    20211207_145458.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 20211207_145305.jpg
    20211207_145305.jpg
    619.6 KB · Views: 81