Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with 19’ wheels noticed any rock chips on their rocker panels or rear fender arch? I know the 21’ wheels kick up rocks and seem to damage the paint since they are wide and sticky. Just checking to see if the same problem exists with 19’ tires since they are not as wide.
Yeah, I have 19" and after just 2 weeks I got micro damages. Had to protect the areas using PPF.

My old S did that also. For some reason, charging in a parking structure triggers the bad position. But never several hundred miles away.

One time it put me at a hotel, in the middle of the work day. The wife did not find it funny.
The problem with the navigation showing wrong position is very repeatible. I have seen this every time: in a covered garage, finish charging, drive off. Last time it put me near the Pacific coast in southern California. Takes about 10 mins to recover.

Very bad software.

2022 Model S LR barely 2 weeks with 65 miles had to be towed from my garage. drive (motor) inverter failure. ETA of replacement part approx 10 days. After 9 months waiting this is what I got.
That happened to me next day of taking delivery less than forty on Way to work. Car called to pull over and shutting down. Had to,be towed and Needed rear inverter and drive unit luckily they had them in stock and got fixed in one day

Alright, I might be off base then. Maybe it was the CCS adapter that then was listed under there. Still in a newer software version (2021.36+) than what you are on.

I would submit a service request regarding it.
The CHAdeMO adaptor is still not working with my 2022 Model S LR. I have had 3 SW updates in the last week, bringing it to the latest version.

Has anyone tried this adaptor on his/her Model S refreshed? Any luck?

BTW, I saw no SW updates for the first 2+ weeks after the car was delivered, stuck on 2021.35.103. Then while reviewing the service request, the Tesla technician asked me to do a scroll wheel reset. I did that. Then I started getting updates in flurry. Not sure if the technician forced the update on my car, or doing a reset will speed up the updates. Worth a try if you are not getting them.

On my Model S these plastic strips do not adhere very well to the car towards each rear wheel well. As you can see, with very little effort they can be pulled away from the body of the car. I took it into Tesla and they said that all Teslas were like this. Is yours? Please let me know if you have the same issue.
I was invited to a webinar with Tesla tomorrow (the 19th) at 4 PM. It lasts for one hour. Are there any issues you think I might raise?

Attachments

• A5C77141-96A9-4FAC-AECA-8A454E04A2A8.jpeg
    A5C77141-96A9-4FAC-AECA-8A454E04A2A8.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 152
  • BB0C9B81-66D9-4649-A206-B5FD09765D69.jpeg
    BB0C9B81-66D9-4649-A206-B5FD09765D69.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: impastu
On my Model S these plastic strips do not adhere very well to the car towards each rear wheel well. As you can see, with very little effort they can be pulled away from the body of the car. I took it into Tesla and they said that all Teslas were like this. Is yours? Please let me know if you have the same issue.
I was invited to a webinar with Tesla tomorrow (the 19th) at 4 PM. It lasts for one hour. Are there any issues you think I might raise?
I’ve learned not to pick at these cars, else I be unhappy and miss German quality, lol. This is the best iteration by far tho. They’re slowly improving, just doesn’t feel fast enough for all of us and the issues are glaring it feels.

Reactions: cwanja and impastu
Yes. Mines are like that too and supposively are being fixed, while my car has been with Tesla the last week for some other QC issues too that we discovered on delivery.

I have the same problem on the driver's side. The passenger side looks normal though so it has to be a QC problem. Hopefullly it will be fixed by the service center. From what i notice so far on my car, everything on the right side (driver's side) is built poorly from the hood to the liftgate.

Yes, same for me. My detailler removed those strips and replaced them with bigger ones... Where I live they would stay on for 1 month max...

If anyone has the name and number of someone with Tesla that has said this is a QC problem and is going to fix it at Tesla’s expense, please give me that man’s name, position, and number. If this is a systemic problem I would like to have Tesla authorize repairs for all that need it.
Cheap junk from tesla.
I would suggest thicker guards and mudflaps.
have a detailer do it. Your time and effort will thank me later.

Finally got my car back from PPF treatment; first it was 19 days in Tesla service for a coaxial harness, then 14 days for PPF and tint. I've only actually driven the car for under 2 weeks since I first took delivery of it on November 6th.

The PPF place pointed out 2 defects with my car that I didn't notice before: front windshield stress fracture from the inside (see pic), also rear driver side door very poorly aligned. I hope the later can be adjusted quickly, but I'm not looking forward to parting with my car to get the windshield replaced. Does Tesla do that themselves or do they farm it out to a specialty glass shop? I know the camera needs to be aligned again. Sigh.

Attachments

• front left ppf-masked.jpg
    front left ppf-masked.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 111
  • stress fracture.jpg
    stress fracture.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 103
  • rear left door alignment.jpg
    rear left door alignment.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: MEL-22