Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone had an issue with one of the chime warnings just going on and on and on. I am not sure if it the door open warning or proximity sensor warning sound but It has happened twice now where the chime doesn't stop until I reboot. Anyone seen this?
Never happened to me. My S arrived in January, so about 6 months of use so far.

Without any display warnings, I think service will need to take a look. When it next happens, press the audio button and state "Bug Report". This will save the log, and hopefully, give service a clue. I'd also make a short video/audio on your phone (only needs to be a few seconds) that you can include when you set up the appointment.

Reactions: EightYears
Never happened to me. My S arrived in January, so about 6 months of use so far.

Without any display warnings, I think service will need to take a look. When it next happens, press the audio button and state "Bug Report". This will save the log, and hopefully, give service a clue. I'd also make a short video/audio on your phone (only needs to be a few seconds) that you can include when you set up the appointment.
Thanks for the advice. I think it might be the seatbelt warning chime. IF it happens again I will prob mess with the seatbelt and see if I can trouble shoot that way at all. When it happened this last time I did exit the car and walk into a store and when I returned the chime was still present.

I will take it if this is my only problem. time will tell.

Thanks for the advice. I think it might be the seatbelt warning chime. IF it happens again I will prob mess with the seatbelt and see if I can trouble shoot that way at all. When it happened this last time I did exit the car and walk into a store and when I returned the chime was still present.

Happened to me just once and yes it felt like the seat belt chime although all passengers were buckled up. We tried buckling up again, checked doors as well and had no luck. Ended up resetting the MCU which made it go away.

Happens to me from time to time. I usually unbuckle and rebuckle and it goes away.

Don't the rear seats get cold air just like the front seats? Seems like the seats get only warm air like the previous Model S cars. The rear passengers were able to adjust the vent flow with sliders etc. but the seats themselves don't get cold air. Is that correct? TIA

Don't the rear seats get cold air just like the front seats? Seems like the seats get only warm air like the previous Model S cars. The rear passengers were able to adjust the vent flow with sliders etc. but the seats themselves don't get cold air. Is that correct? TIA
Only the front seats have cooling. The rear seats have heating (but I presume through heating elements rather than hot air being circulated through them)

Reactions: bhakan
Fook me. Just got this error after a drive in my 2022 MS LR: Steering assist reduced ui_a020

Reset didn’t fix it. Anyone get this?

Edit: several others in this thread had this issue. Some say it self clears after sitting.
I got the same warning yesterday, although steering seemed fine. Went away overnight. I got this response from Tesla:

Hi this is Jason with Tesla Virtual
Diagnostics. I have thoroughly reviewed
your logs and confirmed the concern. This is
a known issue by our Engineering team and
it is being actively investigated for a
solution. In the rare chance that this returns
the current workaround is to exit the vehicle,
lock it, un-lock it, and re-enter the vehicle.
We are sorry for the inconvenience this may
cause. I will go ahead and close your Service
Request. Thank you for your time and
understanding.

Reactions: VikH
Why do we still not have TACC/AP following distance adjustment on the steering wheel??? This makes no sense. Anyone have ideas?

I got the same warning yesterday, although steering seemed fine. Went away overnight. I got this response from Tesla:

Hi this is Jason with Tesla Virtual
Diagnostics. I have thoroughly reviewed
your logs and confirmed the concern. This is
a known issue by our Engineering team and
it is being actively investigated for a
solution. In the rare chance that this returns
the current workaround is to exit the vehicle,
lock it, un-lock it, and re-enter the vehicle.
We are sorry for the inconvenience this may
cause. I will go ahead and close your Service
Request. Thank you for your time and
understanding.
Yep. Mine cleared. Then it came back recently and cleared again.

The front seat cooling is achieved with a fan in the seat back, it is not connected to the HVAC system. Nevertheless it feels chilly when it’s on.
Actually two fans - one for the back and one for the bottom. I'm 90% sure Tesla provides seat cooling, not just ventilation. The early perforated seats (2017-2018) were ventilated not cooled. It really feels like cold air to me, considering the vehicle is hot when I use it - almost too cold as I turn it off fairly quickly. Looking at the disassembly instructions, it's not clear how cooling actually works. I don't see any coolant connections, and that would seem a risky design (leaks) with the amount of seat movement that occurs. Could be a thermoelectric device, like some manufacturers use. Does anyone know what cooling technology Tesla uses in the seats?

• Informative
Reactions: bhakan and WilliamG
On seat cooling, did a bit more digging. There is nothing in the schematics to show a thermoelectric device, which typically takes quite a bit of power. Time for a test. Using my infrared temperature probe, the seat is at 92F. I turn on seat cooling to max, and within one minute it is down to 86F, and in two minutes down to 82F. Still doesn't confirm how it works, but it does seem to cool. More tests needed!

Actually two fans - one for the back and one for the bottom. I'm 90% sure Tesla provides seat cooling, not just ventilation. The early perforated seats (2017-2018) were ventilated not cooled. It really feels like cold air to me, considering the vehicle is hot when I use it - almost too cold as I turn it off fairly quickly. Looking at the disassembly instructions, it's not clear how cooling actually works. I don't see any coolant connections, and that would seem a risky design (leaks) with the amount of seat movement that occurs. Could be a thermoelectric device, like some manufacturers use. Does anyone know what cooling technology Tesla uses in the seats?
I’ve had the seatbacks off. There’s a radial fan in the seatback, that’s all. Thanks for the info about the second fan in the bottom, I didn’t look there.

When we adjust the control, the wave, for cooling the seat does that control both fans then? Thx for the info.

The amount of issues I have on my 2022 Model S Plaid is insane. It started on delivery when I noticed some big scratches the windshield which I had them replace after a few weeks. Following that service visit I started hearing a creaking/rattling sound coming from the back of the car, it has only gotten worse with time and can now be heard on both the left and right side. I took it into service to fix it and when I got it back basically nothing changed, same annoying sound that keeps getting worse. I managed to briefly fix it with electrical tape over the seat latch but I can still hear slight creaking when driving over rough roads. The door seal on both the drivers and passengers side door is also deteriorating, whenever I open the doors it makes an unstick sound. Just today the AC stopped working, it only blows air on my feet even after I tried reseting the car a few times. The door also started to randomly open today, when I walk up to the car and it unlocks the drivers door just pops open. I am seriously thinking about just selling the car or trading it in, to have this many issues on a $150k car is ridiculous. It doesn't help that every service appointment I make has to be over a month out, not to mention the fact that they haven't fixed most of the issues.

The amount of issues I have on my 2022 Model S Plaid is insane. It started on delivery when I noticed some big scratches the windshield which I had them replace after a few weeks. Following that service visit I started hearing a creaking/rattling sound coming from the back of the car, it has only gotten worse with time and can now be heard on both the left and right side. I took it into service to fix it and when I got it back basically nothing changed, same annoying sound that keeps getting worse. I managed to briefly fix it with electrical tape over the seat latch but I can still hear slight creaking when driving over rough roads. The door seal on both the drivers and passengers side door is also deteriorating, whenever I open the doors it makes an unstick sound. Just today the AC stopped working, it only blows air on my feet even after I tried reseting the car a few times. The door also started to randomly open today, when I walk up to the car and it unlocks the drivers door just pops open. I am seriously thinking about just selling the car or trading it in, to have this many issues on a $150k car is ridiculous. It doesn't help that every service appointment I make has to be over a month out, not to mention the fact that they haven't fixed most of the issues.
Can’t disagree. The number of idiotic issues on these cars is crazy.

Reactions: aerodyne
Sorry, if off topic. Did more tests and if the A/C is off, and the seats set to cool, the temperature does not go down. So they require the A/C. My guess is Tesla loosely pulls the air from the under seat floor vents (not directly coupled) which cools the seat when A/C is on. Surprisingly it works and the seat is cooled.

On cosmetics, I've had zero issues, but did have the left side rear seat rattle after a few months. Stuck some foam in the U hook to solve and has not come back.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and bhakan